OK ive learned Get up and Jump by the RHCP and I have an extremely aggrovating problem.

Because of the speed of the riff I cant figure out what is happening and when I slow it down to see, well the problem disappears.

Basically I am supposed to be playing two notes (the two root G notes that start each bar) but a third note (dead) slots itself in the middle so I have a triplet, which kinda ruins the flow of the riff.

This doesnt happen at lower speeds as I said before so I really cant figure it out for myself. Does anybody know exactly what causes this problem when thumb slapping?

note: I DEFINETELY only slap two notes, to slap a triplet at that speed seems godlike to me.
So they way i understand it is, you can do a triplet slowly but you can't do it quickly?

Try learning the double thumb technique (imagine your thumb is a pick but try and keep the percussive attack of the slap, or better yet youtube it)
okay this advice is coming from someone who has no idea how that song goes, so take this with a grain of salt: It could be posible that your thumb is "rebounding" off the string. like you throw down your thumb as tho it is the mighty pimp hand of god to smite the world that is your string and when your thumb hits it bounces off and is carried back at the string by the rest of the follow through. This happens to me sometimes.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Bass First
So they way i understand it is, you can do a triplet slowly but you can't do it quickly?

Try learning the double thumb technique (imagine your thumb is a pick but try and keep the percussive attack of the slap, or better yet youtube it)

No, the opposite actually which is strange, thats why Im confused.

A third note is playing when Im trying to play just two due to inaccuracy of some sort, I just cant slow it down enough to find the exact problem.

I can play it perfect except for this one problem - which is why its so annoying, but yeh I know how to slap well already, cheers though mate.
Quote by the_perdestrian
okay this advice is coming from someone who has no idea how that song goes, so take this with a grain of salt: It could be posible that your thumb is "rebounding" off the string. like you throw down your thumb as tho it is the mighty pimp hand of god to smite the world that is your string and when your thumb hits it bounces off and is carried back at the string by the rest of the follow through. This happens to me sometimes.

Thats what I thought man, I guess ill just have to play it at half speed for another week to perfect it

Thanks