Page 1 of 7
my friend's tomtom, in an english accent, kept teling us to turn on Highway Zed. which turned out to be highway Z.

why have i NEVER heard this brought up? it makes sense that y'all call it zed. Z sounds like C. but if i had y'all say your alphabet or spell "zoo" would you say "zee-oh-oh" or "zed-oh-oh"?

i guess the fact i didn't hear about this until recently makes me think it's slightly antiquated.
#DTWD
Nope everyone says "zed" around here unless they're trying to sound American for some reason
Brits all say "zed". I'm pretty sure you guys only say "zee" so that the alphabet song rhymes properly.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Brits all say "zed". I'm pretty sure you guys only say "zee" so that the alphabet song rhymes properly.

Definitely.

And also, for any brits reading this we just read it as "Zed... or Zed?"...
that's bizarre. i guess i don't spell many things with my english friends though, so that explains it. well. i guess that's solved.
#DTWD
Ya'll brits are whack, Z is where its at.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Yeah, if you say "Z" here, you'll have the shit ripped out of you for about 10 minutes.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by BlitzkriegAir
Canucks also say Zed

whaaaat?! now THAT'S nuts. it has to be split 50/50 in canada.
#DTWD
Zed cause I'm not some stupid america
Quote by primusfan

Not realy
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Ya'll brits are whack, Z is where its at.

Zed is indeed where it's at old chap.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by TheChaz
But why Zed?

because Z was originally zeta.

and Z and C sound alike when you say them. and that's adds to confusion. kinda like when people ask you, when spelling something "b as in boy or d as in dog?"
#DTWD
Quote by heminder
everywhere i've been to uses 'zed'.

'zee' seems to be one of those american inventions. like aluminum.

it was originally aluminum. then switched to aluminium to sound like the other elements.
#DTWD
i say zed because i cant distinguish between c and "zee"
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Not realy

yeah realy (sic).

it's strange that two countries sharing borders and a lot of culture wouldn't have an overlap with something like that.
#DTWD
I first heard of this in an episode of stargate atlantis.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
@metal4eva_22
Are anybody a america?

I say "Sett" in Norwegian and "Zee" in english..

Quote by primusfan
yeah realy (sic).

Sic bastard.
What happened primusfan? You're not a mod anymore?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by primusfan

Zed, pop, colour, etc. Except aluminium. Which doesn't really make sense because pretty much everything is pronounced the British way.
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
Canucks also say Zed

I actually say both. But I've been saying Zed more often, I still sometimes say Zee
Quote by primusfan
because Z was originally zeta.

and Z and C sound alike when you say them. and that's adds to confusion. kinda like when people ask you, when spelling something "b as in boy or d as in dog?"

I've never once in my life gotten the "C" and"Z" sounds mixed up. I didn't even know that was a thing. I can understand the reasoning if that's a common thing, but then shouldn't there be a similar distinction for "m" and "n?" Otherwise it's too inconsistent and I simply won't stand for it.
In Canada, we say "zed". Although I've caught myself saying "zee" on a few occasions.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Meths

They can't comprehend it without the rhyme. It's one step too far.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Ikey
zed or somtimes like z as in zoom

My sister pronounces letters phonetically because she works in a Nursery. Letter pronunciations and letter phonetics are different. A is 'ah', B is 'beh', and so forth.
Quote by CaptainRon
Zed, pop, colour, etc. Except aluminium. Which doesn't really make sense because pretty much everything is pronounced the British way.

people in the midwestern US call it "pop" as well.

even though that is a super name gay for an acidic beverage. sounds like some faggy beaver cleaver figure of speech from the 1950s.

"gee whiz, i sure would like to get a soady pop!"
#DTWD
Quote by freddaahh
They can't comprehend it without the rhyme. It's one step too far.

haha you're so witty haha

no
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
well i'm gonna head to golden corral and get some food. hopefully that badass zed zed top cover band will be there.
#DTWD
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
haha you're so witty haha

no

Who says I was joking?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by primusfan
yeah realy (sic).

it's strange that two countries sharing borders and a lot of culture wouldn't have an overlap with something like that.

We use it as much as we use the empirical system(some idiots and old folks do). Its strange that you (living in KY) know more about canada than me (a canadian) Here we make fun of people who use Zee by calling them stupid americans.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Zed in New Zealand.

In New Zealand we speak English English rather than American English.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Quote by freddaahh
Who says I was joking?

we're saying you're an asshole either way.
#DTWD