Because everyone knows that it doesn't matter what an amp sounds like as long as it looks good, I decided to pimp my cobra

If anyone ever wants any tolex work done I definitely recommend Zilla music in London, he recovered the head, fitted a new less stupid handle, new feet and new corners. For £75 including the price of the parts!

I did a wee clip just for fun, song is my own song, too late for micing up now so this is with some impulses, not as nice as micing but it'll do for 11pm at night

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1681257/Cobra%20Clip.mp3

I'm going to do a full review of the amp either tomorrow or Friday as there aren't any on Youtube and I don't have much music work on at the moment.

almost forgot, the obligatory glowing shot!

Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
you clips get better and better.

Sexy sexy tolex. Its my splawns brother now!
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I'm abit jelous of that rack there.

Also, is that a Chapman ML-1 I see there?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Lock your doors tonight. That will make stealing that glorious sex machine a little bit more difficult for me. A little.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by chrism3006
I'm going to do a full review of the amp either tomorrow or Friday as there aren't any on Youtube and I don't have much music work on at the moment.

*cough*goodthenyoucanfinishthelast10secondsofmysong*cough*

Blackface looks bitchin, I wanna do it on mine, but it doesn't work on the cabs, and then it'll just look funny

Quote by FuzzLove

Yes, he put a custom finish on it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by FuzzLove

Certainly is!

Quote by CL/\SH
Lock your doors tonight. That will make stealing that glorious sex machine a little bit more difficult for me. A little.

Quote by MatrixClaw
*cough*goodthenyoucanfinishthelast10secondsofmysong*cough*

Blackface looks bitchin, I wanna do it on mine, but it doesn't work on the cabs, and then it'll just look funny

You seem to have a pretty nasty cough there derek

One day perhaps...

You sure it doesn't work on the cabs? it doesn't makes sense that they'd use a different paint for the cabs...
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music:

Snake skin would've been sick, given that it's a "Cobra"... Personally I don't like the look of snake skin though.

The white looks great. Thinking of retolexing my Valveking to the same color when I convert it to a head.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by chrism3006
Certainly is!

Would you recommend them? I want a mahogany guitar, and it looks like an awsome deal for the money. How are the stock pick-ups? I'm thinking of getting one, and eventually getting a BareKnuckle for the bridge.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Love your setup man.. Which do you prefer? Cobra or 5150?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Glad you didn't go with something fail, like snakeskin.

Looks good!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
did you strip it or something?

I orignally painted it yellow and filled in the middle pickup but I got bored of that and sanded it down and oil finished it! I need a bigger sticker to cover the middle pickup fill tho

Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music:

Quote by chrism3006
You seem to have a pretty nasty cough there derek

One day perhaps...

You sure it doesn't work on the cabs? it doesn't makes sense that they'd use a different paint for the cabs...

Bastard.

I dunno, I'm not even sure they're made out of the same metal. Does seem odd to me though. Maybe I'll buy some Groove Juice and give it a shot. I know the cab doesn't mark up like the heads do though. Did you use a whole bottle on the amp? Or do you think I could get by with one for the cab and head?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

Bastard.

I dunno, I'm not even sure they're made out of the same metal. Does seem odd to me though. Maybe I'll buy some Groove Juice and give it a shot. I know the cab doesn't mark up like the heads do though. Did you use a whole bottle on the amp? Or do you think I could get by with one for the cab and head?

One bottle would do both easily, I used like barely any, just covered the grill and left it for like 15 mins, maybe do a little squirt on like the bottom corner of the cab first and see what happens before you do the head?

Its worth a shot, groove juice ain't exactly going to break the bank. Worst case scenario you'll have wasted like $10 and will have a slightly cleaner patch on your cab
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music:

Last edited by chrism3006 at Aug 18, 2010,
Yeah I'm slightly jelous of that ML-1 now.
I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get one to be honest.
haha nice idea...that thing looks sick now!

I always forget how stupidly massive the Cobra is until I see it in a pic with something else!

Clip sounds pretty awesome too...is this the track with you on vox? if so, well done
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
@@

that looks great!

now do the 5150 in red paisley.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.