Hey! I just received this guitar case for my brand new Seagull S6.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musician's-Gear-Deluxe-Dreadnought-Guitar-Case?sku=540945

I've never had a hard case before and I just have a question on how the guitar is supposed to fit. Should there be an imprint from the strings on the inside of the top when I open it?

Also, the body near the neck is slightly in the air since the neck is resting on a padded block that raises it up a little. Is this ok?

This case has a lot of great reviews, so I assume it's ok. Just don't want to mess up my brand new guitar

Edit:: I also see an imprint of the bridge pins. WAnt to make sure it's not squeezing the guitar.
Last edited by silver8ack at Aug 18, 2010,
My Alvarez case leaves imprints of the strings and bridge pins on it. Not a bad thing, just as long as you don't have a lot of difficulty in closing it. And as for the body near the neck being raised...Not sure. Generally if the guitar fits, it doesn't move around/get damaged, and the case closes properly, you'll be all set. With acoustic guitar cases you don't really have to worry; if it was made for a dreadnought guitar, It'll fit a a dreadnought guitar. Acoustic guitar shapes differ a lot less than electric ones.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Ok thanks. Yea it's got a ton of reviews on musiciansfriend so it seems like a good case for the price especially. The guitar seems to fit fine. Just nervous I guess . I hate covering up the guitar but I know it's for the best.
i definitely recommend the Seagull TRIC case. i got one with my Seagull and would probably buy another for any dreadnought style i have from now on! great cases. if the money is a factor though i understand. not everybody can drop $100 on a case, of all things.

but they are awesome! very light, but extremely string. and they're temperature resistant. something i wasn't sure i really believed until my AC stopped working during a heatwave and my room got up to 99° at some points. the guitar is just fine
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Haha ok cool. Thanks for the reassurance. It seems to fit good. The guitar doesn't move around or anything and I only see the string imprints at the body and the bridge imprint. I do wish that the entire body would rest on the body instead of being partly suspended in air while resting on the neck, but I stand the case up anyway. The guitar is deeper at the base of the body than at the neck too so that could be the reason.
Last edited by silver8ack at Aug 19, 2010,