Page 1 of 2
I am a huge fan of tribute albums. They are good clean fun and you find some rather interesting stuff if you paruse the internet long enough. So I'm trying to compile a sweet list of all the punx tribute albums that I can find. Here's my list so far.

If a tribute is done by a single band the band will appear in italics in a pair of brackets. Anything in parentheses is useful information I feel you may need.

Agression
Taking Out A Little Agression - A Tribute

Amebix
Amebix Japan - Tribute To Amebix

Angelic Upstarts
We Are The People - A Tribute To The Angelic Upstarts

Angry Samoans
Regreso A Samoa, Un Homenaje A... Angry Samoans (Spanish Tribute)

Anti Cimex
A Tribute To Anti Cimex

Bad Brains
Never Give In - A Tribute To Bad Brains
Tribute To Bad Brains

Bad Religion
A Tribute To Bad Religion Vol 2
Along The Way - A Tribute To Bad Religion
Devotas De Una Mala Religion - Tributo A Bad Religion (Argentinian Tribute)
Fuck Hell - This Is A Tribute To Bad Religion
Germs Of Perfection - A Tribute To Bad Religion
I Love My Computer - Bad Religion Free/Digital/Tribute
The String Quartet Tribute to Bad Religion - History Repeating

Batmobile
A Tribute To Batmobile Part 1
A Tribute To Batmobile Part 2

Black Flag
Black On Black - A Tribute To Black Flag
Rise Above - 24 Black Flag Songs To Benefit The West Memphis Three
This Is Good A Tribute To Black Flag (Casette tape released in 20-fucking-10)

Choking Victim
A Tribute To Choking Victim
Songs In The Key Of Lice - A Tribute To Choking Victim

The Clash
Burning London - The Clash Tribute
Charlie Does Surf - A Tribute To The Clash (surf tribute)
City Rockers - A Tribute To The Clash
A Punk Tribute To The Clash
This Is Rockabilly Clash
White Riot Vol One - A Tribute To The Clash
White Riot Vol Two - A Tribute To The Clash

Cockney Rejects
We Are The Firm - A Tribute To The Cockney Rejects

Crass
You've Heard It All Before

Cress
Same Shit, Different Arse.

Crimpshrine/Fifteen
Can You Spare A Dime? - A Tribute To Crimpshrine & Fifteen

Dead Kennedys
Dread Kennedys - A Tribute To Dead Kennedys - In Dub We Trust
Got Drunk More Fuckkk - Tribute To Dead Kennedys
Virus 100
What Were We Fighting For? - A Dead Kennedys Tribute

The Descendents
Homage

Demented Are Go
A Tribute To Demented Are Go

Discharge
Discharge Tributo (Brazilian tribute)
Discharged
In Defence Of Our Future... - A Tribute To Discharge

Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
D.R.I. Tribute - We Don't Need Society!

Doom
Slave To Convention - A Tribute To Doom

Embrace
Land Of Greed... World Of Need - A Homeless Benefit Compilation

The Germs
Germs (Tribute) - A Small Circle Of Friends
Strange Notes! - A Germs Cover Compilation

GG Allin
Born To Raise Head - A Tribute To GG Allin

Hüsker Dü
Case Closed? An International Compilation of Hüsker Dü Cover-Songs

Iggy Pop
We Will Fall - The Iggy Pop Tribute

J Church
Let's Do It For Lance! - J Church Tribute

Jawbreaker
Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault - Jawbreaker Tribute
So Much For Letting Go - A Tribute To Jawbreaker Vol. 1

Joy Division
A Means To An End - The Music Of Joy Division

Kaaos
The Tribute To Kaaos - The Chaos Continues

Kid Dynamite
Carry The Torch - A Tribute To Kid Dynamite

Leatherface
The Bastards Can't Dance - A Tribute To Leatherface (Japanese tribute)
Rubber Factory Records Presents A Tribute To Leatherface

Minor Threat
Minor Threat Out Of Tune (Tribute)
Out Of Step - A Minor Threat Tribute

The Minutemen
Our Band Could Be Your Life A Tribute To D Boon And The Minutemen
Project Fake - A Tribute To The Minutemen

The Misfits
13 Crimson Ghosts - 13 Ghosts Tribute To The Misfits [13 Ghosts] (surf tribute)
Bitchfits - Bitches' Doin' Misfits
Graven Images - A Tribute To The Misfits
Misfits Meet The Nutley Brass - Fiend Club Lounge
Too Much Horror Business 1977-1983 - A Tribute To The Misfits
Violent World - A Tribute To The Misfits

Negative Approach
Reproach - Eight Modern Hardcore Bands Cover Negative Approach

NOFX
A Tribute To NOFX - Tribbed For Your Pleasure

NoMeansNo
NoMeansMock - Throng (French tribute-project band)

Olho Seco
Tributo Ao Olho Seco

Operation Ivy
Take Warning
Tribute To Operation Ivy

The Pixies
Where Is My Mind? - A Tribute To The Pixies

Poison Idea
A Tribute To Poison Idea Bigger Than God...
Hangover Heartattack - A Tribute To Poison Idea

The Ramones
1, 2, 3, 4... A Lo-Fi Ramones Tribute
Beat Is On The Brat [Screeching Weasel]
Blitzkrieg Over You - A Tribute To The Ramones (German tribute)
Buried In A Pet Semetary - A Live Tribute To The Ramones [Misfits]
Gabba Gabba Hey - A Tribute To The Ramones
Gabber Gabber Hey - A Loud And Fast Accelerated Tribute To The Ramones
Leave Home [The Vindictives]
A Norwegian Tribute To The Ramones - Leaving Home
Rocket To Russia [The Queers]
Sniffin' Glue: A Las Vegas Tribute To The Ramones
Strength To Endure A Tribute To Ramones & Motorhead
Too Tough To Die [Jon Cougar Concentration Camp]

Rancid
Arrested In Russia - Tribute To Rancid
A Tribute To Rancid - ...And Out Come The Covers

Ratos De Porão
Ratomaniax Tributo Aos Ratos De Porão

Rich Kids On LSD
Rich Kids On LSD Tribute - For Those About To Trip

Rites Of Spring
Music Inspired By Rites Of Spring Part One

Rudimentary Peni
A Tribute To Rudimentary Peni

Screeching Weasel
My Hair Hurts [Jon Cougar Concentration Camp]
Screech Like A Weasel - A Tribute To Screeching Weasel

The Sex Pistols
Never Mind The Sex Pistols Here's The Tribute

Slime
A Tribute To Slime (Casette tape released in 2003)
Alle Gegen Alle - A Tribute To Slime

The Specials
Spare Shells

Stiff Little Fingers
Barbed Wire Love - A Tribute To Stiff Little Fingers

Stormtroopers Of Death
S.O.D. fuckin' Tribute From Far East - Speak Japanese Or Die

The Subhumans
Still Can't Hear The Words - The Subhumans Covers Album

Suicidal Tendencies
Suicide In Venice - Tribute To Suicidal Tendencies

The U.K. Subs
Brand New Rage - A Tribute To U.K. Subs

The Wipers
Fourteen Songs For Greg Sage And The Wipers

Youth Of Today
Standing Hard - A Youth Of Today Tribute

Other
Angry Songs And Bitter Words (Tribute to Crass Records bands)

So my collection used to be twice as big and I'm searching for the ones I used to have but it gets difficult at times so let's all talk about ones we have and like so I can get a bigger list because Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a very real problem that I suffer from and I need the biggest list possible.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Feb 27, 2014,
Ah man I used to have Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault. Awesome. Gonna grab that. Also what is the deal with the Darkthrone album?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
A string quartet tribute to Bad Religion.

I have a Dread Kennedys album, which is a f*cked up dub record. Cool though.
Oh yeah, also used to have the string quartet tribute.

Yeah there's like 4 DK tributes I have to find. You talking about the In Dub We Trust album?
Yeah, In Dub We Trust indeed.

I was gonna get the Virus 100 one too, but it's absolute sh*te so I didn't bother, and would recommend all those who haven't yet bought it to do the same.

I have the rocky horror punk rock show also, plus Main Man, a tribute to Dee Dee Ramone... (which are actually all original songs, none of which are as notable as the Cold Megan classic 'I wanna shoot some heroin') ...and also the Rocket to Russia album by whatever band did it. And the official Ramones tribute that has U2 and Zeke and sh*t like that.

And some more I can't remember right now.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Aug 18, 2010,
This looks interesting:
http://www.tower.com/this-is-rockabilly-clash-various-artists-cd/wapi/106428723

(Don't pay for that sh*t, search for .rar's instead. It's not as though you're stealing intellectual property, any c*nt could play those songs and transpose them into a slightly different musical style.)

http://www.tower.com/punks-not-dead-tribute-exploited-various-artists-cd/wapi/105863584

This needs buying too, mainly because THE EXPLOITED are PUNK ROCK and everyone here needs to up their punx credentials. Plus, THE EXPLOITED f*cking blow a massive cawk and so other people playing their songs is bound to be an astounding sucess in comparison to the ineptitude of Wattie and co.
Rocket To Russia is by The Queers.
Quote by axeslash
Rocket To Russia is by The Queers.

Of course it is. Because I'm basically a no-good limey loser I'm not savvy on a lot of good American stuff.

Drugs for you.
Quote by charliezard!
Get the Vindictive's Leave Home. It's the best Ramones tribute by far.

Thanks, I didn't manage to find it on a blog

Not being able to download now, I'm anticipating that when the download (that I'm obviously not able to do) is unfinished and I don't have a listen it'll be Ramone to the Bone.
Updated the list a little as I have been on a crazy kick downloading more tribute albums.
55 albums to go through, and there's still like 10 more I know I used to own that I need to track down.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I was gonna get the Virus 100 one too, but it's absolute sh*te so I didn't bother, and would recommend all those who haven't yet bought it to do the same.

I would agree but Nomeansno's acapella cover of Forward to Death is the greatest thing ever recorded, so yeah
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Lots O' FX
I would agree but Nomeansno's acapella cover of Forward to Death is the greatest thing ever recorded, so yeah

As I've asserted before and will continue to assert, bandsthatcramtheirnameinto1wordinvariablysuckcawk.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
As I've asserted before and will continue to assert, bandsthatcramtheirnameinto1wordinvariablysuckcawk.
You clearly don't listen to NoMeansNo do you?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

You shut your ***** mouth or I swear I will find you and sit in front of your home without my shirt on and sob. Then whenever someone visits you they'll be all like "he must have raped that kid, Im not hanging with this guy anymore." Then you'll look really silly.
I swear I'll do it man.

EDIT: since when is whore is censored?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by axeslash
You clearly don't listen to NoMeansNo do you?

I do not.

However, listening on youtube they're actually f*cking good, so I retract my previous statement and offer my compliments by way of apology.

EDIT: I still don't think Virus 100 is a very good tribute though. Even the Sister Double Happiness song isn't that good.

Quote by Lots O' FX
You shut your ***** mouth or I swear I will find you and sit in front of your home without my shirt on and sob. Then whenever someone visits you they'll be all like "he must have raped that kid, Im not hanging with this guy anymore." Then you'll look really silly.
I swear I'll do it man.

You should still do this, for the lulz.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Nov 20, 2010,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I do not.

However, listening on youtube they're actually f*cking good, so I retract my previous statement and offer my compliments by way of apology.

EDIT: I still don't think Virus 100 is a very good tribute though. Even the Sister Double Happiness song isn't that good.

You should still do this, for the lulz.

How the hell am I supposed to fly to the UK? Prostitute myself to Japanese businessmen for $80 a screw?

I think 2 jokes about me being unwillingly sodomized is enough for one thread.
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Or, not enough.

The only way I could keep going is if I up the ante, double penetration jokes.
I'm venturing into unchartered waters with this.
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
I never liked Lots O' FX until I read this thread just now.
Black on Black: A Tribute to Black Flag

EDIT: it's more metallic, I guess.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Last edited by BlaiseTheSlayer at Nov 23, 2010,
^Got that one. It is pretty much just metal but hey it's a Black Flag tribute so it counts.
Christ it is hard to find out when that Crimpshrine/Fifteen tribute came out. I wish punks didn't hate keeping records so much.
New Bad Religion tribute album released this year. Instead of telling you about it I will just quote the last sentence of a review someone posted:

"And then at the end, Tegan and Sara come along to give their boring take on things, sounding like Tegan and Sara always sound, which means lots of people will probably think their version of "Suffer" is poignant or in some way worth listening to."
Hey guys are The Residents punk? I can't stand to listen to them for more than 5 seconds so would they belong on this list?
For some reason I've decided to work on the list some more.

I'd honestly rather just try and compile a list of every single version of Ace of Spades that people have played because THE ONLY CARD I NEED IS THE ACE OF SPAAAAAAAAAAADES.
There is a Dub tribute to The Ruts:
Babylons Burning Reconstructed Dub Drenched Soundscapes

But it's just the song Babylons Burning done by 17 or so different artists.
Never heard but I will still download it because that is the rad thing to do.

Shit I checked out Ramone To The Bone and there are like 40 god damn Ramones tributes.
Quote by axeslash
Never heard but I will still download it because that is the rad thing to do.

Shit I checked out Ramone To The Bone and there are like 40 god damn Ramones tributes.
Yeah, I was just going to suggest RTTB. Tributes fer days, yo.
anyone listen to that choking victim tribute? i haven't been able to find a download i can trust. is it worth the time?
"A Tribute To Choking Victim" is pretty good. The Foamer's version of "In My Grave" alone makes it worth it. Songs In The Key Of Lice isn't as good.
too many albums i must now download!

edit: how about this germs tribute? just downloaded it, but i've heard the nofx version of forming already, which blows

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjmzdlymzdv

there's also a few different versions of this nirvana tribute with a few punk bands on it. it's not particularly good, but it might be worth a laugh if you want to listen to dee dee ramone sing negative creep.

edit again: that germs tribute mostly sucks. nearly all the singers attempt to sing like darby did live. the melvins version of lexicon devil was the only good one out of the few i tried to listen to.
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Jul 5, 2011,
Yeah I remember reading about that album when I was reading through the liner notes of NOFX's album "45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough To Go On Our Other Records" or whatever that album is called. I like how they picked NOFX to open that record, nothing is better than listening to terrible signing to an old punk song with unnecessary harmonies.

The Land Of Treason cover on it is pretty good but yeah not really anything worth listening on it.
Smells Like Bleach - A Punk Tribute to Nirvana
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 2