Ok, so I've known of the icepick for most of my life as an overloaded treble-bomb. But now I'm very confused. I got a hard-maple neck through guitar, which is basically icepick city on its own. but here's the confusing part. My neck humbucker is the sharpest sounding, even sharper sounding than my ceramic magnet 4.3k single coil in the middle position (icepick city, anyone?) or my bridge pickup. It sounds super-bassy, but still has that horrid icepick quality. Another thing I would like to pint out is that the least "icepicky" positions are the 2 and 4 positions on my 5-way selector. My questions are:

1. How come my neck HB is so relatively icepicky, even though it shouldn't be?
2. Why are the 2 and 4 positions brighter, but not icepicky at the same time?
3. How can I get rid of the icepick? Eq pedal?

Sorry for the confusing question and the senseless jumble of words above. I'm trying my hardest to make it clear
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

4.3k isn't big at all...

What pots are you using?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
No idea, could just be the pickups if its a cheap guitar.

Because its 2 pickups at once which would sound more balanced.

Try lowering the pickups, especially towards the higher strings.

^And this.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
4.3k isn't big at all...

What pots are you using?

I'm not saying 4.3k is big, I'm saying it's very bright. I'm using 250k pots, so I can't really go down from there.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

I'm baffled then.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Yup. Not out of phase or anything. I actually have a phase switch as well as coil splits, so I'm positive its wired correctly.
Quote by blackflag49

I was kind of wondering about the same thing with the neck+middle combo on my strat...
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Check out the Carvin website: http://www.carvin.com/pickups/

Neck is C22J, middle is AP11, and bridge is C22B. Are those relatively bright pickups?
Quote by blackflag49