I just posted earlier about a recent trade I made with the end result me owning this Randall RGT100 112 combo .
the very reason I got this great and rare amp is that i was looking to sell my Bugera head and buy a guitar with that money .
the amp sounds great and wouldn't even think of selling except for the fact that the guitar i have my eyes on is a discontinued model and is sitting in the clearance isle so to speak with a price tag of 399.00 plus shipping of course . i think that i could fairly easily get that much for this amp . should I do this or not ?
if i sell it I probably will never see another . what do you think?
Last edited by cody29 at Aug 19, 2010,
Is it a dream guitar, or one you really, really desire? Is it at a good, or at least fair price?

If the answers to both of these is yes, then I'd try to flip the amp and pick the guitar up - you never know when one will come up again.

I myself am in a similar predicament with a '72 Marshall Super Lead. It's a dream amp, so **** it - i'm buying the sonofabitch.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Really it wouldn't matter. Just pick what you think will bring you more joy. If you keep the amp, you will later think what if i had bought the guitar? If you sell the amp it will be like what if i had kept the amp?

So just think deep down and see which appeals to you more.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
^ Not everybody thinks that way.

I've flipped loads of stuff and I regret none of it. My old gear can go to hell - after all, it isn't mine anymore
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
heres the link to the guitar I have my eyes on .
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2008-Model-DIAMOND-SERIES-Stiletto-6-FR-Mahogany-Satin-Left-Handed-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1701C422.aspx

I play at home and have another amp . its the B-52 at100 and I just cant part with this one but this Randall as great as it sounds and seems be going up in value I've only had a few days . what do you think? and how much do you think I can sell this amp for ?
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Not everybody thinks that way.

I've flipped loads of stuff and I regret none of it. My old gear can go to hell - after all, it isn't mine anymore

what i mean is he has (what i thought was) 2 gear that he really liked and he could have one or the other, so i'm pretty sure he would be wondering what would happen to one if he got the other.

Obviously you wont think that if you drop a MG and get a JCM800... but thats not the case.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Quote by cody29
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2008-Model-DIAMOND-SERIES-Stiletto-6-FR-Mahogany-Satin-Left-Handed-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1701C422.aspx

I play at home and have another amp . its the B-52 at100 and I just cant part with this one but this Randall as great as it sounds and seems be going up in value I've only had a few days . what do you think? and how much do you think I can sell this amp for ?

I was just going to say it is hard for us to help if we don't know what guitar it is right? I see now you have a B52 too. Maybe update your OP. I kinda like the B52s and do not have much experience with the Randalls. However, I think that guitar is ugly personally and I'm not a fan of the Diamond series so
It really just comes down to what you REALLY want more.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
It really just comes down to what you REALLY want more.

+1

We cant really justify what you want. The comparison of the Randall and the guitar is kinda different. We cant say which one is better for you.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 19, 2010,
I got offered a 1998 MIM fender Strat in great condtion for this Randall amp .
Is that a good deal ?
Quote by cody29

uh keep the amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
uh keep the amp.

First straight forward answer ...Thank you

what about this offer for the mim fender strat dated back to 98?