(its a bit dusty lol)

heres my new Epiphone Gothic Explorer

picked this up second hand, but in mint condition, for $350aus, they sell brand new for $1000aus, so i think i got a bargin here :P

also got with it a new stand, 2 bags, a few patch cables, 2 10ft cables, new tuner and a bag full of picks

not bad for $350

The Mahogany body is great, not to heavy, not too light, the satin black finish is..... *drools* lol, lovin the explorer shape

also got a 24.75", 21 fret, set-mahogany neck which is a great size for me, easy to get my fingers around, and great for moving up and down the frets quickly, only prob ive noticed so far is accessing past the 19th fret is a bit hard because of the body

it has EMG-HZ pickups in the bridge and neck, which arent that bad, as i play mostly metal they got a good low-end to high-end sound, when playing it clean its very clear and easy to hear, duno if i'll swap the pickups yet, but if i do probly wont be for a long time

i like the inlay-less neck, and i really like how they put the roman numerals for 12 (XII) on the 12th fret looks really good

anyways theres my attempt at a short review lol
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by MetalManForLife at Aug 18, 2010,
Looks great. I almost got one of these last summer. But I didn't.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Very nice! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Really awesome. Like the pickups, look really good on it. I'm still stuck with the stock pickups on my Goth Explorer.

HNGD!
Gear for the moment:
Epiphone Goth Explorer (w/stock pickups)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt Amp
Boss PW-10 V-Wah Pedal
Wow, I can't believe how much they cost there. That's ridiculous.

I hate the Goth Epi's, feel like utter shit to me, but that does look really nice. If you like the feel, HNGD. It's a stunner for sure.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Wow, I can't believe how much they cost there. That's ridiculous.

It's a stunner for sure.

ya its very ridiculous how much guitars/amps cost over here, probly cheaper to buy over-seas and import them lol

but yeah, the looks is what caught my attention the most, they just look *drools* lol

Quote by siverstorm
HNGD, I have a question. Is there neck dive on that explorer?

what exactly do you mean by "dive"?
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
HNGD

I have one of those myself
I swapped the stock pickups with a set of active Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and also made my own control configuration (there's pics in my profile if you want to see) ^^

the Gothic Explorer is a underrated beast

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
gorgeous man! im surprised you like the HZs. i hated them, they sounded so weak to me. but hey if it works for you then thats what matters.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

thnx everyone for all the possitive commets

Quote by SYLrules88
gorgeous man! im surprised you like the HZs. i hated them, they sounded so weak to me. but hey if it works for you then thats what matters.

really, i dont mind the HZ's but i reckon the sound could be better, so if anything i'll probably swap them out for either SD jb/jazz or EMG 81/60, but thats when i can afford it lol

lookin at ~$360aus for the SD's and probly round the same for the EMG's
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Quote by SYLrules88

HZ's are weird things aren't they? I hated them in my LTD AX350 (they were the stock pickups), and ended up swapping them for a 60/81 combo. However, I put them in my project strat (alder body, maple neck & fretboard) and they sound awesome, just the right balance of chimy cleans and ballsy high gain distortion.

BTW, love the new axe, I had a Gibson SG Gothic a few years back and that was a beast!
Quote by TheBloodstained
HNGD

I have one of those myself
I swapped the stock pickups with a set of active Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and also made my own control configuration (there's pics in my profile if you want to see) ^^

the Gothic Explorer is a underrated beast

I've got one, too. I've got EMG's (81 & 85) in mine. I've also done alot of other custom work to mine (click link in my sig for pics). I play it more than my other guitars, including my Gibson Flying V. It's been played so much the back of the neck is a glossy black instead of the matte finish. They are very underrated guitars.
Quote by MetalManForLife

what exactly do you mean by "dive"?

It's when you play standing and if you don't hold the neck up while fretting (IE. letting go of the neck completely) the neck will slowly tilt the guitar headstock down.

It's a problem notorious on guitars like Epi SGs, I was curious to see if ur explorer was the same.
Quote by Himelnator
21 Frets??!?!!?! never seen that on a gibson or epiphone, either way HNGD!

You didn't count the 22nd fret?
Just played one of these at a show,it was a buddys.IT IS amazing to play.The matte Finnish is great; no fingerprints unlike my ibby destroyer.congrats man they are underrated
Quote by SilverRock113
You didn't count the 22nd fret?

Quote by MetalManForLife

also got a 24.75", 21 fret, set-mahogany neck