Seeing as this is the only part of the forum I frequent, I figured I would stick my 'new guitar day' in with my 'new amp day' thread. But you don't care about that. You care about the GEAR. On with the show.

Up first- a brand spankin' new American Deluxe Strat V-neck, 2-tone sunburst:

I played several strats on my quest, and being a jazz/blues/rock guy, I knew I would need a strat at some point, so I figured why not now! I love the V-neck, it's a really good fit for my hand. Also, the locking tuners are great and the S-1 switching is fantastic. I can see why some may call this a gimmick feature, but it increases the number of usable tones I can get from it. The S-1 on in the 4th position gives me a really rich and bassy jazz tone. You can read more about the S-1 switch elsewhere, but I'll say it is quite interesting and leave it at that. The new compound radius fretboard Fender has started putting on these guitars is great, really comfortable for bends and chords up and down the neck. Did I mention the new Fender N3s?! completely noiseless single coil design, the next generation of noiseless single coils from fender. I like them much better than the SCNs they have used in the deluxes for the past few years. All around great guitar, just need to play it more to wear the neck in!

Family Pic with Ibanez Artcore:

Oh but wait, what is this amazingness behind the gitfiddles!? Behold....
A new Mesa Lonestar Special!

Great Great Amp! I tried several fenders and other mesas( Including the new Electradyne(recommended as well if playing solo), Mark V, Express series and the normal Lonestar), and felt this had the most bubbly warm sound of them all. I know mesa's aren't exactly known for blues/jazz/rock sounds, but man this thing sounds good. THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL BOOGIE! I bought this for the clean to slightly overdriven sound, it delivers in spades. Quite a versatile amp with the powerful toneshaping available on the amp.

The el84s give it a slight Vox AC30 vibe, and I really dig the natural compression you get with these type tubes. The notes just bloom so wonderfully and are so round its great. Extremely dynamic amp too, even given the natural compression. I got to crank this thing at band practice, and had virtually no clean, but the overdrive was so fantastic I didn't really care. We practice at louder than gig levels due to where we practice with our drummer, so no comment on whether or not it has enough clean headroom for gigs yet...
Has a rattle when the B frequency is played, need to open the chassis and reseat the tubes. should be fine. built like a tank. Only negative-reverb cuts out when switching channels, will have to get a tech to internally turn this feature off. More on this below

Features:

For those of you not familiar with the lonestar series, here is a quick rundown:
- 2 channels, each with gain, treble, mid, bass, presence, and master volume controls. Channel 2 has an additional drive knob and toggle for normal, thick, and thicker distortion, actually affects what the treble knobby controls on this channel. Cool. can also be set to sound similar to channel 1. Has master output control and adjustable Solo control; this section can be hard bypassed when the effects loop is hard bypassed.

-Effects loop with level control, speaker outs and line out.

-Class A amp, selectable wattage from 30, 15, to 5 on both channels via toggle for each channel. Runs 4,2, and 1 el84 respectively. SS rectifier for 30w, tube for 15 and 5

-Reverb control for each channel, also warm/bright toggle. Warm is more of a studio type reverb, bright is more fendery. Astounding reverb in this thing, love it.

-standby switch, comes with 2 button footswitch which has its own pouch in the back of the amp, and comes with a black mesa amp cover with side pouch for cables.

-Very interactive tone controls, reading the manual helped me a lot with understanding exactly how they interact.

The 5watt setting is great for getting power tube drive at low volumes, sounds so incredibly thick, just great. I like it on the clean channel as I can set it up right on the edge of break up to be clean when I pick soft and distorted when I don't

All in all the amp is fairly amazing, from warm to jangly cleans and great roots rock to seventies style distortion. No metal will come from this amp unless you have some kind of high gain pedal . THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL BOOGIE! For my needs its great though.

If you have any questions about the new amp or guitar(even the other mesas I tried( I spent 6 hours in guitar center ABing all of them)), or any of my gear, feel free to ask!
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
lonestar is one of the best series mesa produces. Great cleans and even great OD tones. a strat or tele through one is pure sex

congrats
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Holy balls
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by mexican_shred
lonestar is one of the best series mesa produces. Great cleans and even great OD tones. a strat or tele through one is pure sex

congrats

I'll vouch for that one. Nice amp and guitar!
beautiful. Lonestars are teh sex.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Dont see many lonestars around but that is lush. Your new strat is also awesome
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Oh god, two tone sunburst strats are some of the most lovely guitars ever produced.

HNGD!
ohh wow - thats one HELL of a nice rig

Quote by stykerwolf
how the heck is it class A, used 4 EL84s and still 30W? That doesn't make any sense...

happy new gear day though

I think you're confusing EL84s with EL34s - many amps that use a quartet of EL84s in class A (Vox AC30, Laney VC30/LC30, Matchless Avalon, Bugera BC30 etc) are 30w... my VHT uses a quartet for 45w...
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Aug 19, 2010,
Oh man. Lonestars sound literally like tonal bliss in its purest form.

oh and to WtrPlyr, JTM45's are also awesome like the Lonestars, but a whole different type of win.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
ohh wow - thats one HELL of a nice rig

I think you're confusing EL84s with EL34s - many amps that use a quartet of EL84s in class A (Vox AC30, Laney VC30/LC30, Matchless Avalon, Bugera BC30 etc) are 30w... my VHT uses a quartet for 45w...

that's Class A/B biased like a Class A amplifier(infact all those amps you mentioned are class AB), if it has a push pull mechanisma it's Class A/B (and with a lot of other things)

if the mesa he has has EL34s i'd understand, but there's no possible way to get 30W out of 4 EL84s without a push pull network
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 19, 2010,
very nice NGD.

now admit it, you only bought the amp because you didn't want to post in EG.

great stuff man, i really like the 50's style strat, very nice mesa as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
grats bro, i'd like a strat meself but too broke =\
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.

I absolutely love the tone of these amps, Andy Timmons has unbelievable tone using a lonestar; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUwtCExJ_Lc&feature=related

But then Andy timmons would probably sound amazing through a 15watt MG
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Just awesome.

HNM&FD
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Awesome rig mate. Bet the tone is tasty!
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Nice! I love the look of the maple Fender fretboards. I wasn't blown away by the Lonestar when I played it, but it was great amp none the less. Got nothin' on them Mark V's.

HNGD!

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
nice buy on the lonestar. it has such a great feel when you play through it. i have the 4x10 combo and i love it.

a tip for the amp: really make use of the output knob and the individual channel volumes. i just keep the loop engaged so i can use the output knob all the time. i use that as my master. turn up the output and the clean channel volume to a good balance where it is relatively clean. then switch to the OD and bring its volume up until thy are even. that is exactly what i did. then i can turn just the output knob down to bedroom volume and my channels stay pretty even.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The Lonestar. the amp the Mark V tries to be : P
Quote by mexican_shred
The Lonestar. the amp the Mark V tries to be : P

Haha. When you get into it, their tone is quite different from eachother. It's just a matter of personal taste, preference and style.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Haha. When you get into it, their tone is quite different from eachother. It's just a matter of personal taste, preference and style.

I knows i owned the mark V and the lonestar has been a GAS amp for a couple of years im just trolling