I'm refinishing a Squier strat and exchanging the bridge with the bridge from an epiphone.

the springs in the back of the squier, for the bridge, are they nessecary for a non-tremolo bridge?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Nope, most likely you are replacing it with a TOM and a stop tail, right?

You will need to get some wood, cut it to size to fit in the old cavities from the trem bridge, and glue it in, using a good wood or hide glue. Then drill holes for your new bridge, and probably do some refinishing in bits, or just a complete refinish.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Yeah, Thanks. And When replacing the 3 single coils with 2 humbucks, do the same thing? fill in the spaces?

Actually, you will prolly have to route out some to make room for the buckers. Doing this swap will cause other problems with action and intonation. Does the radius of the Squire match the Epi? You have any pics? Is it an Epi strat?
It's an Epi SG, and I'm not sure, I'll have to check the specs. I just dont want a tremolo bridge and really would rather not buy a new bridge

I'm replacing the neck anyways because I need the XJ frets or I go crazy. Maybe I can get a matching bridge

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, If you did just replace the bridge, when you put the new one on, you would need to route it lower, or find a way to angle the neck, as the action will be way off.

But since at first, I just thought you wanted to get rid of the bridge, now you say you want it not to tremolo, and in that case, you can either block the trem, or get a product like a tremol-no or other trem lock.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA