I just put a sound card in my pc, and I'm looking to upgrade from audacity. I need something that will record multiple tracks, has some basic effects, and is relatively simple to mix and export the final product. I don't necessarily need the fanciest thing out there, and I don't really have the time to learn it.

I'll be recording acoustic songs with vocals, a few guitars, and some percussion. I'll just be using a logitech USB microphone and my PC. I don't mind shelling out some cash for good software.

Thanks!
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by jazzySHRED
get pro tools and a proper microphone

I own an Sm-58, but honestly for what I'd be using these recordings for, I'm not going to spend all that money on one of those whatever they're calleds to hook it up to the computer.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Either Reaper or Adobe Audition. Both are really easy to work with. I use Reaper when I'm running vst's during recording and Audition when I'm doing other stuff like bass, drums, vocals, etc. Also, let me guess, you're using the Rock Band mic lol. I use it too, it's a great USB mic.
Quote by Gibson06
I own an Sm-58, but honestly for what I'd be using these recordings for, I'm not going to spend all that money on one of those whatever they're calleds to hook it up to the computer.

...But I thought you were willing to shell out some good cash?
It's honestly the best decision.

I think you can get a m-audio fast track for like 119 bucks

~>
Reaper is infact your best bet, Adobe Audition is superior IMO but its not very easy on your RAM or CPU...or HD space for that matter. Its gettin' there though!
Last edited by Sami Philadelph at Aug 19, 2010,