I'm in the process of Refinishing a Squier Strat to make a Metalstrat. Or something like that, basically a strat for metal. Dual Humbucks, etc. Whatever

But I'm replacing the stock trem bridge with a regular bridge. Anyone know where I can buy one that'll fit without too much modifications?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Offhand, I don't know where exactly to find something like that, but there are other methods that work well. One trick I used when I had a non-locking floating trem was to use a block of wood, or even pop-sicle sticks to block off the tremolo, and isolate it from moving. Also, there are a few companies that make tremolo locks that essentially lock the tremolo in place, and it WILL NOT move unless you remove the device, and I think you could probably pick one of these up for around $20 USD if I remember correctly.

But, if you're hell-bent on having a true non-trem bridge of just about any variety, you may want to consider building in a "patch" as I call it- fill the tremolo gap on the top of the guitar, and possibly even the underbody cavity- with blocks of wood. Not necessarily difficult, and with a little work you can make it flush to the body, and it'll serve you well. I came across a tutorial not long ago that will teach you how to do this. Should you go with this method, you will likely want to have the guitar at least touched up, if not completely repainted. For best results with a little work, this is the best bet. Just google "tremolo to hardtail conversion", or look on the forums here, I guarantee you you'll find what you're looking for.
Thanks Man, I think I might just lock the trem. Bridges' are costly and I dont exactly have a huge budget so, Also, Do you know what the standard neck radius of a strat is? I cant find it
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

I think on the Squier Strats they're almost all 9.5". I went onto Squier's website and confirmed it. You may want to check the website out for yourself and look at the exact model you have. (squierguitars.com)

EDIT: I may have misread the info on the website.. Lol. I'm in the process of taking my exhausted self to bed before I do something silly.. XD
Last edited by X V I I at Aug 18, 2010,