I wrote a film soundtrack piece called Finale. I used Miroslav Philharmonik and EWQL Stormdrum.. This piece would be used for the end of the movie. I uploaded a newer version since the one i had at the beginning of this thread and took in some of the critique you guys gave me. The new updated track uses some of the melody from my other song, Revival, as well

Please tell me what you think
C4C
Check out my music on my profile
Last edited by chad120 at Aug 22, 2010,
Seems alright, nothing bad, nothing great. There weren't any real melodic or rhythmic ideas so there was nothing that stood out to me. The harmony was fine but didn't do enough imo to make anyone go wow. Your profile said you were born in '95 though, so it's really damn good for your age. I wish I wrote that well 3 years back.

I realise that it is in the style of film soundtracks so the demands don't tend to be the same as a standalone composition, but this requires a bit more I think.
that was cool, and i think it'd work quite well for its purpose. buildup was good, and the main part was rhythmically interesting, but the ending left me a little unsure. i don't think there was enough development to make way for a happy resolution.

what's the percussion you used called? i'm a noob at orchestral arrangements but i love this kind of grand sound.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I thought that was pretty good, it had enough variation to keep you interested. I do partially agree with the person two posts above me, however. The build-up coming up to the 1:10 mark felt like it should have burst into the soundtrack's main theme but instead it goes into a not particularly memorable melody. The final part of a film's soundtrack needs to kind of sum up everything that's come before, making it probably the most difficult part to compose.

It's still enjoyed it though, a very good start to what could be a great track.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352367
Thank you all for the responses. I've been kind of stuck on it for a while and it's great to hear other opinions. And it's not done yet either but I wanted to hear what everyone thought so far. I'm going to go back and use some of the pointers you all gave me so hopefully it will be better haha. Maybe even incorporate some melody from my other songs because most movies have a reoccurring melody throughout
Last edited by chad120 at Aug 19, 2010,
Cool, nice job. I feel though that after all that build up I am kind of cheated with a sparse ending. It could work though. I picture a scene where the main character running somewhere to save someone and when he gets to the room it is empty. That is just how it strikes me with all this build up then a almost melancholy ending. Can you please give some crit on my song? song
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
ending needs more ''woosh bang'' or resolution/tension release depending on the theme you're trying to give
Thanks again for all of the critique. I went back and did some more stuff with it so if you could check out again that would be great I also included some of the melody from my other song Revival.
I'm back again. I think the changes you made definately help, the stronger melody after the build up definately makes it feel more epic and dramatic.

I'm still unsure about the bit at the end where it sort of quietens down again, it seems a bit of a letdown after all the dramatic stuff that came before. Maybe it should finish with more of a bang? I don't know.
Thanks for commenting again. And i get where you're coming from with the ending.. Hmm i don't know maybe i can come up with something different for it
Holy ****. That was amazing! Im definitely going to look into getting some of that software. It sounds so legit, I could definitely see it at the end of a film. How long did this take you out of curiosity?
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by MattsRichardson
Holy ****. That was amazing! Im definitely going to look into getting some of that software. It sounds so legit, I could definitely see it at the end of a film. How long did this take you out of curiosity?

Thanks! And it took me a few hours total to write and record over the course of about 3 days.. Then i went back and fixed some stuff after i posted it on here with all of the critique i was given.