Dr. Laura Schlessinger says the "N-Word" to an African-American Caller

Page 1 of 2
she doesnt get the fact that black people can say it to each other but white people cant say it... hypocrites
My girlfriend is black... Not all blacks use the N-word man...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
She's a complete idiot. And that was true long before this ridiculous episode, too.
What's the n-word, nachos? We're talking about nigger here!

I don't get it, I mean it's becoming less and less of a big deal; I think it should be regarded the same as cuss words, not super special.

lol

when i saw this on the colbert report i laughed
then felt bad then laughed again and was stunned

i think she meant nagger
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
She could have at least say "No it's okay I have a friend that is black and they cool with this"
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Sounds like black comedy to me.

I suck at these pun games
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
I understand that the word is offensive to many people, but if a Caucasian person uses the word, many people associate it with racism. If a black person says it, they generally don't receive criticism because people don't think the word was used in a racist context. That's the double-standard that she is talking about.

She articulated it like a dumbass though.
Us whites should come up with a word they use for us all the time, and make it so only we can say that word and if any other race uses it then thats racist.

Any ideas?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
the word "******" was originally created to mean a dumb or ignorant person. it was then turned on black people. idgaf what ppl say every1 gets offended over stupid shit. idc if some calls me a mick, a whoop or cracker so why should they care
Quote by Hashquatch
the word "******" was originally created to mean a dumb or ignorant person. it was then turned on black people. idgaf what ppl say every1 gets offended over stupid shit. idc if some calls me a mick, a whoop or cracker so why should they care

idgaf = I don't give a fuck?

Fucking abbreviations, gettin all the fuck out of hand.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Us whites should come up with a word they use for us all the time, and make it so only we can say that word and if any other race uses it then thats racist.

Any ideas?

ummm... honkey? i cant honestly say ive heard a black person use it in a anti-white context tho
Quote by Deep*Kick

Any ideas?

maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by crazy8rgood
idgaf = I don't give a fuck?

Fucking abbreviations, gettin all the fuck out of hand.

Dontcha mean fagatfoof?

Fagat foof? Yeah. I like that...

Quote by adamchafee
she doesnt get the fact that black people can say it to each other but white people cant say it... hypocrites

There's nothing like the stupidity of white kids with their heads up their asses.

You don't understand. It could be because they're hypocrites. Or, much more likely, it's because of the racist connotations of a white person saying it to a black person and the hundreds of years of racial oppression.

Things make so much more sense when you don't make oversimplified generalisations, eh?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
When she said it the first time, I thought, "Okay, she's trying to make a point and is not intentionally being offensive, she's an idiot but not a racist." Then when she repeated it, and combined that with a comment that if she can't deal with her husband's racist friends then she shouldn't marry outside of her race, that changed my mind about her racism.
Dr. Laura got da issues.

edit: Basically, I agree with her on some of that, but that appeared to have nothing to do with the caller's problem.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 19, 2010,
The Dark Crusaders are gonna get her, just like they did to Dave Chapelle and Tracy Morgan.
She a fucking retard.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Yes, it should be her right to say what she wants and it is fair to point out that a double standard exists. However, it did not sound like a fair application in this case. From the caller's perspective, it sounded like the friends were being racist. Dr. Laura assumed that the husband's friends were using the term in a kind way. Instead, she should have sought out further about the caller's relationship with the husband's friends rather than dismissing "******" merely as a harmless word.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by dann_blood
There's nothing like the stupidity of white kids with their heads up their asses.

You don't understand. It could be because they're hypocrites. Or, much more likely, it's because of the racist connotations of a white person saying it to a black person and the hundreds of years of racial oppression.

Things make so much more sense when you don't make oversimplified generalisations, eh?

What a load of drivel. First of all, the hundreds of years of opression have **** all to do with anyone alive today.

Secondly, learn to understand what 'context' is.

Thirdly, this person being a moron or not isn't important, the real issue is you making a double standard by saying it's bad for a white person to say '******' but it's alright for a black person to say it. As i said before, no one alive today has anything to do with the hundreds of years of opression so no black or white has any 'right' to use the word more than the other has.
Why is it every time someone says the word "nigger" on the radio, they have to do it whilst making an ass of themselves?

Whether she said the word out loud or not, she didn't even help the caller at all. She just launched into a rant about how "bad" using the word nigger is.
Quote by Zoot Allures
What a load of drivel. First of all, the hundreds of years of opression have **** all to do with anyone alive today.

Thirdly, this person being a moron or not isn't important, the real issue is you making a double standard by saying it's bad for a white person to say '******' but it's alright for a black person to say it. As i said before, no one alive today has anything to do with the hundreds of years of opression so no black or white has any 'right' to use the word more than the other has.

In the USA, black oppression is quite prominent so you're just wrong about that. And to say it's been hundreds of years is just stupid. It wasn't until the 1960's that blacks even began to get equal rights. That's literally 1 to 2 generations ago. Do you really think that's enough time to pretend we're on a clean slate?
Quote by Mr. Twelve
That's literally 1 to 2 generations ago. Do you really think that's enough time to pretend we're on a clean slate?

Which means no one under the age of forty remembers that time. I think it would be okay to at least not hold a grudge against people who had nothing to do with it, don't you think?
Quote by archangels
Which means no one under the age of forty remembers that time. I think it would be okay to at least not hold a grudge against people who had nothing to do with it, don't you think?

Except when your parents weren't treated as equal citizens. I think that would have an impact.
oh go figure al sharpton is all over this issue like white on rice.

she was talking about the word '******'. its dumb to have to say 'the N word' just because youre white. when you say 'the N word' everyone knows you mean ******. just say ****** if you mean ******. freaking out and calling everything 'racist' only perpetuates the ideas of racism and seeks to draw a distinction between people with different color skin tones.

i didnt think her rant was racist, but it kinda seemed a bit forced and out of place. all the hypersensative blacks will bitch and moan about this for awhile, but it wont amount to anything.

EDIT:

fuck you UG. nigger
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by Zoot Allures

Except for, you know, the racism that is still alive and well. Black and white people were still segregated up until the late 60's, and institutional racism still exists and is still widespread. Up until 1997 black farmers in their tens of thousands were being denied loans that white farmers in the same circumstances were getting. The colour of Barack Obama was an issue in the 2008 election.

A white person calls a black person a nigger. That is offensive to many black people, and the white person uses the word in a rant about black people.

Those racist niggers!

Thirdly, this person being a moron or not isn't important, the real issue is you making a double standard by saying it's bad for a white person to say '******' but it's alright for a black person to say it.

Wait, didn't you just tell me to learn what context is?

The real issue is that stupid white people don't understand why saying saying that is offensive, and because you don't find it offensive you don't understand why it is offensive.

You do not understand. Get off your high horse.

Furthermore, who the fuck are you to tell someone what they should and shouldn't be offended by?

As i said before, no one alive today has anything to do with the hundreds of years of opression so no black or white has any 'right' to use the word more than the other has.

Are you fucking serious? Blacks didn't have the right to vote until the mid 60's. Apartheid didn't end in South Africa until the early 90's. Statistically, black people get paid less for the same work than white people. Statistically, a black person is far more likely to be born and remain in poverty, get a sub-par education, be unemployed, be a victim of violence and receive inadequate healthcare than a white person.

If you think that racism doesn't exist and isn't widespread, and doesn't have any effect at all, you're a naive fool. Pull your head out of your fucking arse and stop living in your imagination, you narrow-minded bigot.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Aug 19, 2010,
who cares, it will be blown out into something huge.....ugh minorities
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
She wasn't calling anyone a ****** as an insult, so I don't see the problem. If people get offended by you purely discussing the word, they need to get over themselves.
Quote by Deep*Kick

Any ideas?

It's called Cracker or Cracka if you will.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Page 1 of 2