Page 1 of 6
BrianG47
338 IQ
For Today, a christian metalcore band from Sioux City, Iowa.

Signed to Facedown Records.
Their newest album "Breaker" comes out on August 31, 2010.
Recent album "Portraits" was released in 2009.
and their first album "Ekklesia" was released in 2008.
Open your closed mind, close your open mouth.
̿ ̿ '̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
We built Sioux City on ROCK AND ROLL!

Also, search next time.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BrianG47
338 IQ
searched "for today" looked through the first 10 pages. didn't see anything..
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
there's already thread. This band and every other christian metalcore band make me want to vomit in disgust.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
^What's wrong with you man? Just cause a band believes in something doesn't mean the music is shit.
Also, ZAO.
love is love // return to dust
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
No, but the music IS shit, completely independent of their religious beliefs.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Yeah, but he specifically singled out Christian metalcore. That's what bothered me
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
He has a point though. Christian metalcore has a tendency to be sub par at best. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with their religious affiliation, but with the exception of a few outliers, they're usually pretty bad.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
I raise you new TDWP, old Underoath and MATSOD
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Oh, I'm sorry. The answer we were looking for was ABR.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Them too.
EDIT: And Norma Jean, Living Sacrifice and ZAO while we're here.
Last edited by tancanada at Aug 19, 2010,
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
I'm actually not a fan of the other 3 you listed, but even with them excluded, there are hoards of unlistenably bad Christercore bands out there.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
TheThirdCut
Used Register
21 IQ
Oh, Sleeper falls under this category, no? I like them.
Bad Christian metalcore tends to stand out more, probably because it isn't well-liked to begin with.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Oh, Sleeper was one of the awful bands I was talking about.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Bignose
I'm just doin my job here
127 IQ
Quote by tancanada
Them too.

Save first album I have a habit of calling them SNOREma jean.

or botch.

(had to be said)

To a degree though there are some semi decent christian metalcore bands out there... I don't listen to any these days though.
Last edited by Bignose at Aug 19, 2010,
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by tancanada
Them too.

Yeah, you're not helping your point haha.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
I mean c'mon dude, Norma Jean's at least worth something.
Plus Oh, Sleeper has BTBAM's old guitarist, that should be enough for worship around these parts
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
You're talking to a huge Botch fan/occasional BTBAM listener. Besides, I bet most of the BTBAM fanboys on here agree with me.

But my point is about how 90% of christercore is generic swill, not about whether or not the bands are good/great. A lot of the bands you mentioned are cookie-cutter outfits.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Aug 19, 2010,
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
Quote by tancanada

Also, ZAO.

Ok one band - musically. The lyrics and the ideals are bullshit - and before you say "you just don't like it because you just don't agree with it" - I would be thrilled if any of these bands got up on stage and preached Keirkegaaurd or Kantian metaphysics and talked about God like that - but no, they always just quote the bible.

I've had discussions with people in local christian metalcore bands (it's a big thing in my town right now) and I was not impressed. We were having a civil conversation about authors/philosohpers/theologians who have influenced us and the guitarist from "faithful unto death" told me to check out some guy (forget the name now). I did a quick wiki search on him - said he believed evolution contradicts the second law of thermodynamics, and that man's cred, along with any argument that kid had just went out the window.

..I think I already told that story somewhere on here
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 19, 2010,
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
True.
I wasn't really arguing for it, just wanted to see your stance on it and it makes sense.
MustangMan311
Cody
2,113 IQ
Oh, Sleeper sucks. Shane Blay's a douche anyway. He got kicked out of BTBAM because no one likes him and he thinks Oh, Sleeper matters. Which they don't.

Norma Jean's first album rules. Everything else sucks.

Also, Maylene shouldn't be considered Christian. They just jump on the bandwagon for tours and shit; I don't want Christianity infecting my fun Southern jams.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Eh, Vices Like Vipers is decent.
Rufiothebandito
540 IQ
The new songs on their myspace are boding really well for the new album, as much as they can be grating lyrically I think it brings up some cool imagery at times. Really psyched for this now, Devastator would make a killer top spot on a setlist.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
TheThirdCut
Used Register
21 IQ
Quote by tancanada
Eh, Vices Like Vipers is decent.

Haha, that song and a handful of others are all I listen to. They have talent for sure, they just don't use it as best as they could.
BrianG47
338 IQ
Quote by Rufiothebandito
The new songs on their myspace are boding really well for the new album, as much as they can be grating lyrically I think it brings up some cool imagery at times. Really psyched for this now, Devastator would make a killer top spot on a setlist.

i must agree with you.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BrianG47
338 IQ
lol why isnt this shit locked yet?
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Because nobody reported it? Stop bumping it if you just think it's going to be locked anyway.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
JxD
957 IQ
I see the hardcore forum has had it's bi-monthly new For Today thread created. Why is it that 90% of the fans of this band don't know how to use the search function then complain when they're called out on it? I don't get this bands hype, they sound extremely generic to me.

Anyways, as for Christian nu-metalcore, I think calling them worship bands is more appropriate. A lot of people are Christian and play in hardcore bands, but either they can work their beliefs into coherent lyrics, or they don't make it a big thing. Worship bands play for Christ and churn out the same drivel over and over. I think the distinction should be made more often.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
This thread is now about Start Today.

Let's start today-ee.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by UntoExistence
does anyone else remember what happened to the last for today thread?

It seems that this killed it:

Quote by tancanada
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
MAX-182
298 IQ
good band.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
JxD
957 IQ
I distinctly remember Pink hijacking a For Today thread in favor of Youth of Today, another was made into a Pokemon discussion thread (like most of our threads), often they become Christian-bashing threads, etc. I usually go out of my way to derail these things.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/metal/christian_metal/

some of the article is bullshit, but some of it makes some good points.

If they really believe this religion, then metal - as a movement with overwhelming occultist, nihilistic, fascistic overtones - is something they should avoid. Why would they choose to join a genre which contradicts what they believe?

Is there no greater "trend" than the 2,000 years in which Judeo-Christian religions have been gaining prominence in the west? What is "un-trendy" about following the same religion that at least 80% of the people in your country follow?

Why should metal desire "a lot more of the youth" to be interested in it, if conformity is not our goal? Metal is like many genres self-selecting, and does not aim to be broad. By your logic, we should start making music like Britney Spears (except with a Christian message!) in order to get a wider audience.

How can one "truly feel" something which one has to be taught in order to regard it as true? A man raised alone in the forest may invent a religion, but perhaps not the whole dogma of Christ.