Hey, so I have a Jackson RX10D with a jackson licensed trem and I love it. the trem is great for the price, hardly goes out of tune and is pretty much perfect for the amount i use it for.

But I'm thinking about buying an Ibanez RG350DX and I've heard bad and good things about the Edge iii. I'm buying a used guitar to replace my backup esp ltd ex 400 that im selling and I'm sellling the ex for 450. So 400 or 450 is the highest i can spend on a new guitar. Will the RG350DX do the job of once in a while dive bombage or is there something else i should try and find in my price range. Im also looking at a couple of schecters but i dont know what the necks are like, i like a thin neck.
I've had an Ibanez RG370DX for four years and it still has the original edge III bridge in it. No problems so far. I think the people who complain about it being unreliable are the people who do lots of extreme divebombing. The bridge does its job;keep the strings in tune after the whammy bar has been used.
without much abuse itll work fine
its actually a decent bridge as long as you dont abuse it much
I think the pickups in the Ibanez are less than desirable!maybe for metal but the tone is not good in my opinion
the edge III sucks,but its kind of a hit or miss thing,so who knows maybe you could be lucky and get a good one

but then again,all other trems for that price sucks aswell
^ Even though that is said a lot, that's not really true at all.. I have a year old FR Special, and a 7 year old TRS-II, and they both still work fine. They both return to 0 after every use, which is exactly what it needs to do. I don't know why people berate "cheap" trems so much, when I've not had any problems with mine.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Ibanez is a great guitar for what it cost, I´d buy that before a Jackson any day.
Quote by Offworld92
^ Even though that is said a lot, that's not really true at all.. I have a year old FR Special, and a 7 year old TRS-II, and they both still work fine. They both return to 0 after every use, which is exactly what it needs to do. I don't know why people berate "cheap" trems so much, when I've not had any problems with mine.

I guess you're incredibly lucky

but aside from returning to pitch,there are many things that makes a good trem good..feel,smoothness and the durability of the paint etc etc
Quote by sstony
The Ibanez is a great guitar for what it cost, I´d buy that before a Jackson any day.

Uhuh, usually it helps when you explain why though.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Quote by Mazz211
Uhuh, usually it helps when you explain why though.

Get an Ibanez and then you´ll know.
Quote by archenemyfan
I guess you're incredibly lucky

but aside from returning to pitch,there are many things that makes a good trem good..feel,smoothness and the durability of the paint etc etc

Damn straight. I've had experience with cheap trems and I can never go back to using cheap trems after using the likes of the original floyd rose and the edges. (not talking about the cheap edges either)
I tried a jackson dk2m awhile back and the trem felt nasty IMO. The guitar was pretty cool though.
The most important thing about any floating trem is the setup. Yes, a more expensive one won't go out of tune as much. That's because it's set up better, with better parts/build. But if you take even the best trems, and have them not set up right (like not being horizontal) they will feel awful and detune a lot.

I personally am more of a fan of Jacksons, I feel they're just more varied (though I have played some nice ibby's too, just nicer Jacksons). They don't just feel like they're stuck doing metal all the time. Plus, over here, there's a very little price difference between the two (both expensive compared to America due to import costs). I have my DK2m and I love it, just feels right in my hands, sounds great, and with a flick of a switch, it can play some impressive cleans too.

Choose the one you prefer to play, that's all that can be said. When you buy it, get someone to teach you how to do a full and proper trem set up, change strings etc.
Quote by sstony
Get an Ibanez and then you´ll know.

Played an Ibanez RG, i prefer my DXMG, still help if you explained to the TS why you would go for an Ibanez over a Jackson, I prefer Jacksons and always will, not too fond of the Ibanez necks and the edge trems, which is why I prefer my Jackson, who cares if it's a licensed floyd, looks like the OP agrees with me on this, it's a good one.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

Playing a non japan made ibanez and preferring a jackson over it doesnt count. I'd probably prefer the jacksons over the cheap import ibanez and i'm a fanboy...
For 450, you could get 80's Charvels on Ebay all day long. I would go that route. A good 475 or Model 4 would be sweeeeet.

Edit: Or better yet, a Predator, but you have to be patient and wait for those to pop up.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I have both Japanese Jackson and RG, they are both great guitars, the newer edge trems are way better IMO, the ones you can adjust with the wheel, whatever model they are, edge zero or something.
Quote by Arterial
Or get yourself an Ibanez RG770DX like I did yesterday for $450 US

wha!!!!!!!!!!???
get the Ibanez s series. it has the ZR trem and it's one of the best trems out there.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by coolstoryangus
Playing a non japan made ibanez and preferring a jackson over it doesnt count. I'd probably prefer the jacksons over the cheap import ibanez and i'm a fanboy...

I Played the Ibanez RG350DX and it pretty much has the same RRP as my Jackson, my Jackson is an X Series (Fortunately it's not made of basswood like the ones they make these days) so I believe it is fair to compare them, the X Series is Jacksons second lowest range, if I can't compare that to the import Ibanez then what can I compare to it?
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm