Hello. This is simply my new work in progress song. Wanted to get opinions before continuing any further. C4C as always... enjoy, I hope. Lol
Attachments:
Battle Guardian Azazel.gp5
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Aug 21, 2010,
Anyone...?
Well I'm sorry but I found this to be a bit boring. The melodic ideas are promising but not fully developed, and the piece's groove is kind of weak. What you need to do is learn that the notes that aren't being played are just as important as the ones that are. It's not completely necessary to fill each bar up with evenly spaced notes just so something is always playing. No way to build a groove like that. I still think it isn't bad but it could use with a lot of work. I really hate to bring someone down like this (hopefully you do not take this too badly) but that's my opinion. Also I think the drumming needs to be reevaluated almost completely. A good groovy riff is nothing without good drums to support it.

I wonder, what are your general influences when it comes to music like this? If you don't already, I would listen to bands like Demilich, Aspid, Decapitated, Monstrosity, Pestilence, Spawn of Possession or Suffocation for bands that can be highly technical and still very groovy. Can learn a lot studying their work.

Don't even bother with C4C as my comment was worthless. I definitely think you should keep working on it though.
Quote by Sóknardalr
Well I'm sorry but I found this to be a bit boring. The melodic ideas are promising but not fully developed, and the piece's groove is kind of weak. What you need to do is learn that the notes that aren't being played are just as important as the ones that are. It's not completely necessary to fill each bar up with evenly spaced notes just so something is always playing. No way to build a groove like that. I still think it isn't bad but it could use with a lot of work. I really hate to bring someone down like this (hopefully you do not take this too badly) but that's my opinion. Also I think the drumming needs to be reevaluated almost completely. A good groovy riff is nothing without good drums to support it.

I wonder, what are your general influences when it comes to music like this? If you don't already, I would listen to bands like Demilich, Aspid, Decapitated, Monstrosity, Pestilence, Spawn of Possession or Suffocation for bands that can be highly technical and still very groovy. Can learn a lot studying their work.

Don't even bother with C4C as my comment was worthless. I definitely think you should keep working on it though.

Honestly, I don't have any influences while writing. Which is most of the reason why I completely ignore most of modern death metal.
Demilich, Pestilence, and Suffocation most certainly aren't modern death metal...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Demilich, Pestilence, and Suffocation most certainly aren't modern death metal...

Double fail, bro. I wasn't referring to that upon posting. I was most certainly elaborating the fact that I don't have influences upon writing, other than the fact that I like to write music that's heavy, and fast (or whatever you guys take my writing style as).

And the reason I brought the "modern death metal" aspect into it was because most of these "modern death metal" bands are influenced by each other, and that just leads to a vast pool of shit.
When you say something like that about his whole post, what he said? It makes me think you're referring to all of his examples as modern dm.

You didn't even have to bring in the modern dm part at all, because it applies to a veritable plethora other styles of not just metal, but of just music as a whole. my two cents.

It would've made far more sense had you only quoted a specific part of his post, or at least highlighted what you were responding to.

whatever though. I get what you mean.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"