Hello fellow ax slingers!

I need some advice on customizing my Ibanez JS1000. On my Les Paul I have the 81-85 EMGs and I was wondering what the JS1000 would sound like if I put some in there. It already has really good DiMarzio pick ups but EMGs have done me good on my old guitar. I run my guitar through a Line 6 Spider 3 Half Stack.

Also if you have any advice for the tones with this set-up like pedals, etc, feel free to let me know. All input is appreciated.
Just my personal opinion, but if I had a JS1000 I wouldn't change a thing.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
EMGs are going to sound totally different in a basswood guitar like the JS1000 compared to a les paul.

Honestly I wouldn't change the pickups from a JS1000, they come set up just great as is. Especially if you are playing through a Line 6 spider. It's really not going to matter.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
If you want to ruin a great guitar, thats up to you, that guitar needs no changes whatsoever.
Just in case the point hasn't been hammered home, don't change anything on the JS. I own a JS1200, they're amazing guitars as they are, I'm a metal head too and I wouldn't change a thing.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Cool thanks guys, that's what I figured I shouldn't change it. but I was just wondering

Thanks again.
I, along with much of this forum, have some advice for you: Get rid of the Spider half stack and get a good amp in its place. I'm sure you can find a decent amp for $500-ish.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.