if u do, im planning on making a guitar that looks like a mockingbird, and i was hoping someone could get me the thickness of the body pls. i checked google but no websites have the actual measurements, or even a drawing of the thickness.

thanks
Go with your own thickness man. You could even make it thinner than regular mockingbirds, just to lighten the weight a bit.

Obviously don't make it too thick, but I think someone can recommend an ideal thickness for building your own guitar - there's plenty of experts on here!

*edit Thickness would depend on whether you were mounting a floyd rose or not. if you are, then you'd have to account for it. If you're doing it hard tail, then you could do it pretty darn thin, Ibanez style
Last edited by Instrumania at Aug 19, 2010,
My Mockingbird is exactly 450mm thick, shaving off a few millimetres at the very edges to smooth them out.
I wasn't planning on the Floyd rose but knowthat I think about it there pretty cool. But ya I'm hopin someone can give me a number to work with
Correction, was hoping *. Alright sweet And dayn do u have a Floyd rose?
between 42 and 45 mm (with floyd's). but building it. the thickness is your choice.

id say. measure the spring block. add 10mm. giving you the thickness of the body. minus 3-4mm for the front floyd surround cavity reccess leaving 6-7mm for space from the spring claw cavity plate
Thanks but I didn't understand any of that. Anyone know a website that would describe that with drawings or somethin?
Quote by ladna
Thanks but I didn't understand any of that. Anyone know a website that would describe that with drawings or somethin?

quick windows paint picture of what i mean