Poll: Do girls have bad taste?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do girls have bad taste?
Yes
277 59%
No
191 41%
Voters: 468.
Page 1 of 7
I think they just tend to listen to what all their friends listen to. There seems to be more of a "fitting in" thing with all the girls I know.
I say yes cause I hang out with a lot of girls and none of them listen to a damn thing I listen too...
What a stupid question! You can't ask that. For you to be able to ask that, everyone would have to come to a mutual agreement of what a good taste in music is. It's very subjective.
Girls are socially taught to be more influenced by petty things (makeup, clothes, jewelry) these days than guys. So I would say yar.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Worse? No, you can't say any taste in music is worse than another, it's all opinion.

Differing music tastes to men? I think so.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by Amos_Moses
I think they just tend to listen to what all their friends listen to. There seems to be more of a "fitting in" thing with all the girls I know.

Same here. I showed one of my female friends some Finntroll, and she loved it but told me she couldnt have her friends catch her listening to it or else they'd think she was weird.

But as for "bad taste in music", what do you mean? List off some bands/ artists?
GUITARS
Jackson AT-1
Schecter Loomis-FR
Squier Stratocaster
BASSES
Jay Turser JTB-402
AMPS
Fender Super Champ XD
Washburn Mad Dog
PEDALS
Vox Satchurator

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
No, cause its all based on opinion anyway. They'd probably say people who like metal have shit taste in music.
"If you can't dance to it, it's not good music."

"When do the words start?"

"If it's so bad how come it's so popular?"

Perpetrators: all women.
Well, that depends on your definition of "Bad Taste". It's a bit subjective...

Anyway. Most of the girls I know have (imo) worse taste in music than me. However, I think mass marketing targets women more than men (in the music industry, at any rate), and there seems to be an expectation and bias towards men with respect to rock/metal.

That said, I'm going to see A7X and Stone Sour with a chick in November, so not all girls have bad taste!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I think TS just wants to whine about not being able to find any metalhead chicks.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Girls do not have intrinsically worst taste in music then guys do. It just so happens that in modern society, women who tune into popular music rather than listening to their own is what is attractive to men, therefore, many women choose to listen to popular music.

However, as a classical musician, 90% of the women I know have great taste in music, therefore, I think the conception is based upon lifestyle, not upon sex.
Adviceee, if you find a girl that likes the same music as you,

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM HER.

It hasn't turned out good for me in the end.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I think TS just wants to whine about not being able to find any metalhead chicks.

lol possibly
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Theres no such thing as worst / bad taste.

Taste is different. Everyone has different taste. No taste is right.

Therefore, the question is pointless.
RIP Tom Searle.
Of course not, I'm a girl and I have amazing taste in music

But you should define what a good taste in music is first because this question is unanswerable otherwise.
cat
Taste is subjective, but I would say yes. But more along the lines of its generally guys that get far more into music then girls. My sisters have good taste in music but they wouldn't ever go out and buy albums and such. Saying that, I have met girls that are really into their music, they're just far fewer than the amount of guys... If you get what I mean?
You could aruge that they may have WORSE taste (but its always subjective..and in this case pointless)...but there's no way they 'have WORST taste then men'
Last one on drugs is a queer.
That's idiotic.

My friend, Lindsey, is always posting awesome Romantic-era pieces on facebook that would make you want to cry.

I'm talking awesome, amazing, incredible music. From a girl.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I would define a good taste in music as:

- Liking more than one genre
- Listening to artists who are genuinely talented.
- Being able to give a valid excuse for why you don't like an artist
- If it's electronic music, listening to stuff that is actually creative like Robert Miles - Children
- A willingness to actually give an artist a proper try before you decide you don't like them
- Not jumping on the band wagon.

If one sex tends to have more of those traits than the other, I would say I would say they have a better taste in music.
Nope, I once found a woman who listened to Dark Millennium. I offered to marry her on the spot without even knowing who she was. She was Russian, but the language barrier means nothing to me.
Worse, no. That's way too subjective, you can't say someone's taste in music is "worse" than someone else's.

But generally less distinct and less limited to specific genres, yes. Girls seem to enjoy mainstream music more than men. But there are always exceptions. I know a girl who is as deeply into Metal as I am.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Of course they don't. Idiot.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Yah. All girls listen to anymore is Lady Gaga. ****.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by LumberjackShred
Do girls have *worse* taste in music *than* men.

Bravo. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. I'm not usually that lazy with my grammar. God-damn it, now I can't change it.
The right question is: "Are girls less interested in music as an art?". And the answer is yes.
Sure there's a couple ten year olds that give them a bad name, but there are many, many girls that have "better" (not that such a thing even exists, but now is not the time or place) taste in music than you do.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by PotBellyShogun
"If you can't dance to it, it's not good music."

"When do the words start?"

"If it's so bad how come it's so popular?"

Perpetrators: all women.

Oh dear, how right you are.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209