Page 1 of 11
Guns n Roses?! What. The. Hell.

I would say U2 and Oasis. Oasis are good at what they do and I love some of their songs, but come on, they're not amazing...

RAGING EDIT: DIRE STRAITS - OVERRATED?! I HATE THAT SITE NOW.

Those people have got a few ones right but I mean come on... Most of the reasons are "cuz they're sh.it." I HATE people like that.
Last edited by leg end at Aug 19, 2010,
I quite like the way that site has asked users - keeps them in the clear!
AC/DC post-2000.

Def Leppard (Christ, Mutt Lange was the only reason they ever got out of their hometown...)

Nirvana.
Beatles, and AC/DC in my opinion
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
man I'm gonna get flamed sooo bad for this but here goes...

Metallica and Slayer..

There I said it, do your worst I just dont see what all the fuss is about. Especially with Slayer.
Quote by faint_spirit

^^^And I think you mean gateway drug. Not portal. If drugs were to create portals to other drugs, it would be pretty ****ing awesome.
Wow, I know it's all opinion but that list is awful.

I would probably say The Beatles as well though. They're good but not godly.
Well nirvana would probably be really small without cobain dying, but i wouldn't call their music over-rated. I don't understand how you can call the beatles overrated but w/e. I say slipknot

EDIT:

To the guy above me: The beatles were bigger than jesus!!! Did Jesus ever have a James Bond movie named after one of his songs?? Did jesus have a time capsule?? .

And to the guy above him, I say slayer too. Not metallica though.
Last edited by salgala2000 at Aug 19, 2010,
The White Stripes.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Quote by leg end
Guns n Roses?! What. The. Hell.

I would say U2 and Oasis. Oasis are good at what they do and I love some of their songs, but come on, they're not amazing...

RAGING EDIT: DIRE STRAITS - OVERRATED?! I HATE THAT SITE NOW.

Those people have got a few ones right but I mean come on... Most of the reasons are "cuz they're sh.it." I HATE people like that.

Very true, imo Dire Straits is quite possibly one of the most UNDERRATED bands ever (not counting their 80's stuff like M4N and WoL)
Metallica is just a tad overrated, especially Kirk.. Heck if youve never touched a guitar you'd never know it was pentatonic and wah wankery.

Well yeah i agree that U2 are probably one of the most overrated
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
The Beatles. Hell, they only got their grand success because of like a billion fangirls.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Ever, I couldn't say. But at the moment, I'd say Radiohead. I'm so tired by all the douches who think they are cool with their Radiohead t-shirts because it's trendy. Pretty average band, not worth the quasi worship of some.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
That list was serious...The Doors? SOAD?
Jonas Brothers: They corrupt the minds of millions of teen girls, i wish i could do that.
It seems like most of the people's reason for bands being overrated on that website is that 'they're shit'.

God be a bit more creative.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Dear gigwise:

Your lists are in the most stupidly idiotic format ever. Hell no am I clicking next 20 times to reach the end. Also, stop having a billion ads that pop up every time my mouse hovers over a certain word. Everything about you pisses me off.

Love,
lushacrous
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by nmitchell076
Very true, imo Dire Straits is quite possibly one of the most UNDERRATED bands ever (not counting their 80's stuff like M4N and WoL)

They said that Mark Knopfler can play a good guitar but can't sing... He can sing incredibly well. A good singer sings songs in a way that suits the music. You can't get a better singer for Dire Straits than Knopfler. His style is PERFECT for it.
Quote by leg end
They said that Mark Knopfler can play a good guitar but can't sing... He can sing incredibly well. A good singer sings songs in a way that suits the music. You can't get a better singer for Dire Straits than Knopfler. His style is PERFECT for it.

lol, if Knopfler is a bad singer, then I say Hendrix was a bad singer, as was Townes Van Zandt.

There are no "bad voices," only people who are tone deaf or people who have no feeling in what they sing. None of those listed above are either.
Quote by cptcomet
It seems like most of the people's reason for bands being overrated on that website is that 'they're shit'.

God be a bit more creative.

Indeed. Sure, overrated and underrated has to do with your personal opinion, but you could at least try to say something more than "it's shit".

Anyway, I'd say that Led Zeppelin are quite overrated. I just can't see what was so new and original about them. Most of their songs are just boring blues and the rest is not really groundbreaking stuff.
It's basically a list of people naming bands they don't like
and now for something completely different..
Quote by nmitchell076
lol, if Knopfler is a bad singer, then I say Hendrix was a bad singer, as was Townes Van Zandt.

There are no "bad voices," only people who are tone deaf or people who have no feeling in what they sing. None of those listed above are either.

Exactly. Furthermore, Bob Dylan
I pretty much hate that site now. System of a Down? David Bowie? NIRVANA!?!?! Overrated? Are you freakin kidding me?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by appletice
It's basically a list of people naming bands they don't like

Not at all.. i like metallica but i know they are pretty overrated..
Whoever wrote that article was pretty damn lazy. All they said for pretty much every band was they're shit. Didn't even give a real reason why they're overrated. I didn't even bother going through them all.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
Quote by Lacquer_Head
The White Stripes.

Ya

Also Metallica and Guns N Roses. If you forget about Appetite for Destruction they were a pretty meh band with a few good songs. Obviously this is all my opinion though
Quote by Duffman123
Ya

Also Metallica and Guns N Roses. If you forget about Appetite for Destruction they were a pretty meh band with a few good songs. Obviously this is all my opinion though

Sex Pistols. If you forget about Never Mind the Bollocks they were a pretty meh band with very few good songs.
U2 for sure. Oasis. BTBAM.
So many bands, so little time to talk about how I don't like them.
The Beatles are quite overrated

but i really wanted to say bonojovi is an excellent username
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Tarsplitter
Sex Pistols. If you forget about Never Mind the Bollocks they were a pretty meh band with very few good songs.

This would be true whether or not we forget about Never Mind the Bollocks.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Dream Theater.

2nd place: Rush.

King Crimson crushes all progressive rock bands, period. And no fork-on-chalkboard singing, either!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."