I think they are very good man, well timed, original and very relaxing progressions. I would love to hear it with vocals.

Also loving the Daniel Johnson profile pic!

If you have a spare moment, could you check out my recordings, they should be in the post next to yours.

Thanks man, great songs and good luck!
i just cked out your tunes i must say you have got it my friend ,all you need todo now is get it all tight and put some vocals on it and you will be jammnin.
hey man,

listened to 'peaked' and i really like the sound. it could use some mixing and compression, but otherwise its really solid. what i really liked was that you used a simple chord progression but with interesting chord tones. and whatever synth sound you used gave a really interesting sound. i also think i hear some sax? but its not that clear. maybe turn that higher up in the mix. otherwise its a solid song, and id love to hear it with some cool vocals.
Peaked sounds great. I would love to hear some vocals to go with it haha. And as someone else said, I liked how you used the simple progression but with interesting voicings. Sunnier skies was nice too. The repetition in the marimba (i think marimba, i can't really tell) was cool. Keep it up!

EDIT- Hey, i updated my piece you commented on earlier. I added some and changed some stuff around. So if you have the chance to check it out some time i would really appreciate it

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25056190#post25056190
Check out my music on my profile
Last edited by chad120 at Aug 20, 2010,
I liked "Peaked", the opening kinda reminded me of that song at the end of Fight Club (can't remember the name) except no vocals. It was a little short though, has potential to really blossum as a song.
Sunnier Skies sounded more like a lullaby. It also kinda reminded me of some of the music they played on the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Weird.....2 songs that reminded me of a movie. I can't really comment music-wise on sunnier skies, I just don't know what to say on it's behalf.
Both songs were quite relaxing to listen to.

Here's my 2 songs since I just reviewed 2 songs

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351789
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

Thanks in advance for any critique
Just listened to "Peeked" wow sounds really professional, everything mixes together really well and it has a great uplifting feel to it. My only criticism is I feel like i'm waiting for the vocals to come in all through the song. Have a go at singing practice humming to the chords of the song then start getting your lyrics in there. I'm an awful singer but I still sing in my songs because it adds a whole new level to the song and its a great feeling when the lyrics mean something to you.

Sorry rambled on too long, will crit "Sunnier Skies" at some other point, good luck with the singing
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Quote by SweetenerCorp
My only criticism is I feel like i'm waiting for the vocals to come in all through the song. Have a go at singing practice humming to the chords of the song then start getting your lyrics in there. I'm an awful singer but I still sing in my songs because it adds a whole new level to the song and its a great feeling when the lyrics mean something to you.

I do actually have a version of it with vocals but I decided to upload the instrumental version instead. I recorded them quickly and messily with some makeshift lyrics just to hear what it sounded like. I'm not even sure the vocals fit the song really, they were written before I knew the song was going to be as big and loud as that.

Quote by bdof
I liked "Peaked", the opening kinda reminded me of that song at the end of Fight Club (can't remember the name) except no vocals.

You're probably thinking of 'where is my mind' by the Pixies, I can't really hear much similarity but I guess it's a good song to be compared to.
Peaked is sooo chill, I've listened to it a few times while I just sit here doing nothing, it's awesome.
Thanks for the crit dude!

As I go.

Peaked

Loving the acoustic intro bit, but when drums come in, it sounds a bit messy. The ride seems a bit too loud, and everything sounds a bit lost beneath it. Musically though, it sounds pretty good, pretty damn epic, as others have said though, vocals would rock. Drums get a bit tiresome as well, I'd change them up a bit throughout maybe? I dunno, just an idea. I'd like to see the song go somewhere else as well, it just kind of stays on the same level, which is alright, but more parts would make it more interesting. Digging the whole vibe you got going on here though in all.

Sunnier Skies

Nice intro, interesting and sounds good. Although the incosistent rhythm organ level is a bit annoying. The little plunky bit sounds great, totally works here, just repeats a bit too much for my liking, its kinda boring, as is the whole song after a while. Maybe get some layers building in here? Add different instruments and different parts, just anything to add variety. Again though, I do quite like the feeling of the piece, so plenty of good ideas to work with. Rock on man!
peaked somehow makes me think about the song from eluvium called "indoor swiming at the space station"
i like your work and waiting for the vocals.
I listened to peak and I really liked. While I am interested in hearing it with vocals I think it could stand alone as a instrumental track
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join