Has anyone discovered the perfect (if not close to perfect) blend of effects that Buckethead uses in this masterpiece. There are two different sections I'm inquiring about; the majority of the song and the overdriven riffs he does sometime in the middle/end.

I've tried over and over to figure out the effects used but cannot discern the necessary levels of each one, let alone which ones to use.

Many thanks.
Come on people, help out a fellow guitarist. Putting your knowledge to use that can benefit another can be your good deed for the day.
He uses a Telecaster and a cranked amp (my guess is his Mesa Stiletto). A big part of the sound is the fact that he rolls his tone and volume back quite a bit. It gives it a warm, sustaining quality with a reduced attack. Add a little bit of delay, and there you have it. You can get a similar tone with any decent amp cranked and a pedal like the Zendrive in front of it. Hope I helped!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Big B wasn't using the Stiletto live back in 2004, though, which is when Population Override was recorded, so I'm guessing it wasn't that. I'd be more inclined to say he was using a Triple Recto.

As for effects, you're gonna want a delay at least. Definitely a humbucker-equipped guitar. Most of the song seems to be done on the neck pickup. It's quite a warm tone, so I'm gonna say stay light on the treble, with high mids and bass.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Big B wasn't using the Stiletto live back in 2004, though, which is when Population Override was recorded, so I'm guessing it wasn't that. I'd be more inclined to say he was using a Triple Recto.

As for effects, you're gonna want a delay at least. Definitely a humbucker-equipped guitar. Most of the song seems to be done on the neck pickup. It's quite a warm tone, so I'm gonna say stay light on the treble, with high mids and bass.

I still say it's a Telecaster. If you played a Tele with the tone rolled down, it gets REALLY smooth and woman-toney.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
I still say it's a Telecaster. If you played a Tele with the tone rolled down, it gets REALLY smooth and woman-toney.

I dunno man, Bucket isn't really known for single coils. 99% of the time he's playing his Les Paul or a HH superstrat.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Many thanks to you guys! I haven't looked into my UG profile for awhile and I was pleasantly surprised by the responses!
Quote by MrChappelle
Many thanks to you guys! I haven't looked into my UG profile for awhile and I was pleasantly surprised by the responses!

Three freakin' years?

Where's my "bringing back a zombie thread" meme...