So I am trying to find a pretty sweet 27" guitar. Problem is, I don't really know where to look. So, therefor I was hoping some people out there had any guitars in their head to recommend? I was looking at the Buckethead Signature, but I'm not really into Signature guitars. The reason I want a 27" guitar is simply because im a pretty tall person with big hands, big arms and so on - basicly like Buckethead himself. And I really wanna try out a 27"

Budget is not higher than 3grand

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Aug 19, 2010,
Baritone JP music man? I don't know, I can't think of any production model guitars that aren't a signature series and baritone. I think rondo music sells baritones and you would be able to get a baritone that is quite inexpensive and not a signature series if you wanna try that out. For that much, if you go to the right place, you may be able to get a custom guitar but I don't know probably will be more expensive.
Meat
Quote by Tom 1.0

Now that one is sexy, I even like the "ugly body" haha. What you gave for it? Also, I've heard pretty scary rumors about LTD's. Was it worth the money?
what rumours?

the 400 + series are solid guitars IMO

i got it for £500 so a fair bit off the normal price,

best bet is to get one 2nd hand or check out some fo the top end agiles from Rondo music

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Agile makes a few 27" scale length guitars.....well within your price range.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
what rumours?

the 400 + series are solid guitars IMO

i got it for £500 so a fair bit off the normal price,

best bet is to get one 2nd hand or check out some fo the top end agiles from Rondo music

Rumors that the quality is horrid, strings go often out of tune, handle with extreme care cuz it cannot really take much beating (even while in the case).

Me myself though, have tried an LTD at the music store, and after a few min of playing I didn't really have a feeling that this was as bad as the rumors say. But, I'm kind of a paranoid, so the rumors are basicly taking over. (I've read those rumors or "stories" right here at the UG forums") But, I will deffinatly look for this around the county
Quote by srob7001
Agile makes a few 27" scale length guitars.....well within your price range.

+1

You sure your hearing right?

lol they are great guitars, granted the cheaper ones are pretty cack but all budget guitars are to a point.

the higher end LTDs are good solid well built guitars, I cant wait to gig mine...

Alot of stuff on here is normally just Schecter fan boyz bashing anything that isnt schecter...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by Tom 1.0
You sure your hearing right?

lol they are great guitars, granted the cheaper ones are pretty cack but all budget guitars are to a point.

the higher end LTDs are good solid well built guitars, I cant wait to gig mine...

Alot of stuff on here is normally just Schecter fan boyz bashing anything that is schecter...

Oh I am very sure, and thanks for the help! Let the hunt begin