I'm looking for an amp that would do well for blues. preferably tube, no effects unless its reverb or tremolo, and it doesn't have to have built in overdrive, i can just buy a pedal for it which i probably will buy one soon anyways. so any suggestions?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Try out a Jet City 2112RC. Otherwise, as was said before, try out a Blues Junior.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
well i'd like around $150 but i can get an extra $50-ish and also i'd like it to have the eq still too.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Quote by grungebaby
well i'd like around $150 but i can get an extra $50-ish and also i'd like it to have the eq still too.

Well, then I guess you might like one of these:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bugera-V5-5W-1x8-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=502586
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Vibro-Champ-XD-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483069

The VibroChamp also has drive/effects built-in. I've only tried the bigger version which I liked, dunno how much worse the one I linked to actually is.

If a used amp is an option for you, look for one of these on ebay or craigslist:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC4TV-4W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=476326
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 19, 2010,
I don't think i'd like the vibrochamp very much, I have a vypyr and I'm sick of digital, I'd settle for the bugera but I'm probably gonna save up for the vox or look for a used on, that thing is perfect for me. plus I love vox.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Quote by grungebaby
I don't think i'd like the vibrochamp very much, I have a vypyr and I'm sick of digital.
According to Peavey the distortion is analog. But I have a Vypyr and to my ears it sounds digital. The XD series although digital sounds nothing like digital.
well i'm wanting something that i can get a sweet blues sound on, and with the vypyr you can't even tell the difference between a humbucker and a single coil
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
fender champ 600

or find a beat up old used champ from the 70's.

or a used ampeg j-12t, they pop up cheap at times. i paid $175 for one once.
and i saw 2 of them sitting in paul reed smith's home studio in md. he said they were the best practice amp ever made, i agreed and fessed up to owning one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i found the champ 600 not too long ago but i don't like how the only control is volume.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
I'm amazed that some idiot hasn't come in here by now and rec'd a 5150 like they always do.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I'm amazed that some idiot hasn't come in here by now and rec'd a JCM800 like they always do.

fixed.
Go play a VCXD or SCXD before you judge it

i wasn't saying it would suck i just was saying i'd like to have eq controls.

I'm amazed that some idiot hasn't come in here by now and rec'd a 5150 like they always do.

Thats cause they saw cheap and blues and decided "this isn't teh br00tz im leaving" haha
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Last edited by grungebaby at Aug 19, 2010,
I love the Bugera. I got the v22, but $120 one is better than the epi, warmer a dig reverb. Don't get fender hot rod, the electronics break down, blues jr ain't cheap, neither is vox, but their tube amps are great. When I played the blues circuit, I found it wasn't. What kinda amp, it was what kinda fender? Dont think I saw a bluesguy use anyt else. That said Bugera is so warm. The gain channel six just like fender, but the clean breaks up damn nice on the $120 cheap model. I plan on changing the tubes on my v22, think I can get a better range. But as a budget fndr twin, I am glad I found it. Do u use tube screamer? The ts7 is good and cheap, cuz it has the orig chip. Good lukk!
Quote by gregs1020
fixed.

That too.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by grungebaby
i found the champ 600 not too long ago but i don't like how the only control is volume.

you said simple.

you want a tone knob?

ok a 70's champ it is...
you said simple.

you want a tone knob?

ok a 70's champ it is...

true but on one of my guitars i have a switch installed that lets me switch my humbucker to a single coil and when i do that it needs a little eq-ing to sound just right so there would be a little problem for me not have eq controls
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15