Hi UG,

I'm looking into buying a new stage amp (preferably half stack). I fell in love with the guitars from Bring Me The Horizon's album "Suicide Season". The tone they achieve on that album is exactly what I'm looking for. I currently have a 5150 212 that is starting to act up... Instead of fixing this amp, I am looking into replacing it. I like the tone i get from the 5150 and it is a great amp for what I use it for (deathcore etc.). I guess I have a different ear for tone now than when I bought the 5150. As I said, I am really into the overall tone on the whole album, so any ideas and or advice as to what would be the easiest (and cheapest ) way of achieving "that" tone (hear...."The Sadness Will Never End") will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
i dont know if you have the cash to drop on one but my knucklehead nails the bmth sound... im pretty sure they use krank amps if that helps out
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
I have no clue who that is so it might be helpful to link a youtube clip in or something.

my standard question list is this:

Budget?
Genres?
Home or Gig?
New or Used?
Current Gear?
Closest City?

you've answered some of that obviously
Well 311...Google them! Lol, can't link any media sites 'cause I'm at work

I can get about 1000$ (CDN), the amp will be gigged with frequently, style is metal/hardcore/progressive, closest major city would be Toronto I guess...I'm in Windsor, ON
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
5150/6505 and some sort of closed back, V30-loaded cab should get you there.

P.S. - The 5150/6505 can do a lot of tones, probably more than what you give it credit for. Just saying.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
i dont know im going off the chelsea smile video where to me it looks like a krank amp.... or maybe just krank cabs?
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
looking through gig photos BMTH have always used 6505s and some kind of Orange is in there too (I'd guess Rockerverb seeing as they're a metal band but it doesn't look like one)

Orange Buffs? Help Pl0x?

It's most likely a Rockerverb. Look at the link I posted.
Quote by consecutive e
It's most likely a Rockerverb. Look at the link I posted.

They used rockerverbs and thunderverbs live for awhile.

However, I doubt thats they only amp they used in studio to get their tone. Very few bands (if any) will use solely their usual live rig when it comes studio time
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by DroptuneD
Well 311...Google them! Lol, can't link any media sites 'cause I'm at work

I can get about 1000$ (CDN), the amp will be gigged with frequently, style is metal/hardcore/progressive, closest major city would be Toronto I guess...I'm in Windsor, ON

You are kidding right?

You've been around long enough and quite frankly - I don't feel like helping you anymore. If you had just answered my questions I probably would have dove right in to help a fellow UG but I'm not going to go to Google to look up tube vids because you are at work. I simply don't care enough.

Looks like you got your answer. Have a good day
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You are kidding right?

You've been around long enough and quite frankly - I don't feel like helping you anymore. If you had just answered my questions I probably would have dove right in to help a fellow UG but I'm not going to go to Google to look up tube vids because you are at work. I simply don't care enough.

Looks like you got your answer. Have a good day

Hey 311 its for the best you definatly don't want to listen to bmth