Page 1 of 2
I sometimes forget to eat for a day.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I do it for Trocaire yearly
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Eating is not the hard part. You can't drink anything either.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
I do it yearly for Yom Kippur. Every now and then, I don't eat in order to either save money or because I forget.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I've been doing it but for Religious reasons. Its like 17 hours man. it started from the 11/12th of August can't remember which one. It's hard bro.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
I had to do it for 4 days when my gallbladder SNAFU'd on me.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's not that hard. I myself have been known to forget about eating quite often.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
It's normal for me to go up to at least 2 days without eating.
I don't get hungry often. I use to want to be a pro boxer and part of training is shrinking your stomach and keeping as much energy as you can for long fights.
Maybe thats where I got it from?
I've done it for both religious and personal reasons.

Best thing is to do 4, 6, and 12 hour fasts before attempting to do a full day. It might be also worth trying a 'no food' fast with just plain water the first time around too.

Also, if you are hypo/hyperglycaemic like me, be EXTREMELY careful.
I didn't eat for a day once, eating the next day sucked. I barely could keep anything down.
Another tip, start your fast at lunch time and end at lunchtime the next day, its still 24 hours
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Another tip, start your fast at lunch time and end at lunchtime the next day, its still 24 hours

Do this.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu

I thought the point of it was that you ate before the sun rose and after it set?
Or fast 24 hours total. Break it out over 24 days.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Fasting just makes you hungry. Going without sleep for long periods of time is much more interesting.
Quote by Masshuu
I thought the point of it was that you ate before the sun rose and after it set?

if you're doing it for charity, 24 hours is all they ask for so its suitable for charity fasts.

i dont know alot about religious fasts
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
if you're doing it for charity, 24 hours is all they ask for so its suitable for charity fasts.

i dont know alot about religious fasts

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I was thinking about Islamic fasts and sort of applied it to every fast without thinking.
My friend at work is doing it. Apparently he can't think about sex or look at girls either it's killing him.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I've done it expecting some supernatural epiphany. All I got was hunger.
Because that's all you focused on.

There is a real physiological benefit to fasting, eating a big meal activates your sympathetic nervous system (makes you sleepy). The act of digestion is actually a lot of work for the body depending on what you eat. A lot of your organs that are normally in idle mode kick on and start secreting enzymes to break down the food. In other words your body is much quieter when there's nothing in your stomach. The crankies usually pass after a few hours because the body naturally turns down the thermostat on the metabolism. At that point most people report feeling very calm, centered and focused.
Quote by Burningritual
My friend at work is doing it. Apparently he can't think about sex or look at girls either it's killing him.

Your friend is trying to do the impossible compadre. There's a reason why men want to hump anything with a face, boobs, and a certain reproductive feature: Survival of the human species!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Deaddog
eating a big meal activates your sympathetic nervous system (makes you sleepy).

Parasympathetic

But I agree with your post. I used to eat a big-assed Chicago pizza slice with three beers and wonder why I fell asleep in my 3 o'clock lecture.

Quote by Burningritual

Is your friend avoiding fellatio for lent, whilst his co-workers and friends place bets on when he will crack and try to lure him to temptation?
Quote by the_wayward_one
Eating is not the hard part. You can't drink anything either.

...What are you talking about?

When you fast, you can only have bread and water, if you're referring to the standard Jewish fast, TS.

I'm pretty sure, at least.
well you might as well be slaughtering little African kids if you have food and choose to fast.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I've never fasted for anything but I've went days without eating several times.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
i had to fast for a day in preparation for a colonoscopy.

needless to say that whole experience sucks ass....
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by SlayingDragons
...What are you talking about?

When you fast, you can only have bread and water, if you're referring to the standard Jewish fast, TS.

I'm pretty sure, at least.

Uh no, in Yom Kipor you cant drink or eat or anything, 25 hours of not drinking or eating.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I'm fasting from the Bible.

There are some days that I don't eat just because I'm not hungry

Also, Genghisghandi's sig
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Aug 19, 2010,
I've never tried it. When I got really sick this one time, I only ate jello at lunch time for a day.
Page 1 of 2