I really enjoyed the verses. I think they mixed really well. Personally I thought the chorus didn't live up to the verses. I liked the idea what you were trying to do but I feel that it wasnt pulled off right. It may just be the mix aka: all the noise at once though.

The bit that starts at 2.10 is well done though. Overall a good song. I can see your influences in there eg: Snow Patrol.
Not quite my thing but for what it is I like it.
Nice song really like it, your vocals are very well suited to the music. However like Tster said the chorus didnt live up to the verses. Your vocals stay consistent through out the verses and chorus. I think if you punched up your vocal a bit in the chorus it would fit better into the instrumental part of the song.
Quote by Tster
I really enjoyed the verses. I think they mixed really well. Personally I thought the chorus didn't live up to the verses. I liked the idea what you were trying to do but I feel that it wasnt pulled off right. It may just be the mix aka: all the noise at once though.

The bit that starts at 2.10 is well done though. Overall a good song. I can see your influences in there eg: Snow Patrol.
Not quite my thing but for what it is I like it.

Thanks for the crit, totally agree the chorus definitely needs somethin a bit more to it.
Anything of your own I could listen to?

Cheers for listening
Last edited by NiallCatney at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by SweetenerCorp
Nice song really like it, your vocals are very well suited to the music. However like Tster said the chorus didnt live up to the verses. Your vocals stay consistent through out the verses and chorus. I think if you punched up your vocal a bit in the chorus it would fit better into the instrumental part of the song.

Cheers for the advice, definitely gonna do somethin with the chorus to try and bring it up a bit, thanks.
Yeah, the songs good i really liked it, but the chorous was a little lacking I think you could do a few things to bring it up and a little more energetic or better.
I think it would help if you brought up your voice a little during the chorous, like you tied to make it a little livelier, and for some reason the high hats on the drums during the choruos, i felt were kind of making alot of excess noise. but thats just my ideas.

anyway if you feel like helping out here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352819
Thanks for the crit, as I go.

Nice snow patrol vibe in the intro and verse. Not too bad mixing in verses either, your voice works really well, and the instruments are all fairly clear. Chorus isn't so great on the other hand. Cymbal is annoying and too loud and your voice is completely drowned out. Also, its not energetic or memorable enough, sorting the mix out will probably help it no ends though.
I'd like to see more dynamics as well, like softer parts and harder parts, introduce new instruments and take some away now and again, just to keep it fresh.

Overall though, its quite a neat song, with awesome ideas. Its got feeling too which is sweet.