I downloaded a TS sim, 6505 sim and used cab impulses and it reaper will not pick up my guitar, I have it selected to my ux1, my guitar is plugged in, but nothing, it works fine if I turn on podfarm. Help?
if i understand you right.in reaper under the volume control were you select the output,you will need to change it to a mono or stereo output if it is on midi
i will just name off some little stuff that maybe you forgot:did you arm it for recording?do you have record monitering on?do you have the fx on(button being green),in preferences under audio device do you have ASIO ux1 as your ASIO driver
check if its reaper 64. if it is, reinstall, but get 32 bit one (regular). for some reason, 32 bit VSTs dont want to work in 64 bit reaper, despite them constantly trying to update things to make it work.

if you do have 32 bit one, then you'll have to find out what your VSTs are by checking the site you got them from.

Did you select the proper things in the options menu? Did you arm the track and turn on recording monitoring?
Yes to all of those.

And yeah, you should tell me how the hell to see if it is 32 bit or 64. I can't see it anywhere.
Last edited by Andrew/WK at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by Andrew/WK
I downloaded a TS sim, 6505 sim and used cab impulses and it reaper will not pick up my guitar, I have it selected to my ux1, my guitar is plugged in, but nothing, it works fine if I turn on podfarm. Help?

Thats because the Line 6 DIs will only work when Podfarm is running. Just open up podfarm, select any old amp, make the settings as vanilla as possible then tweak the VST in reaper.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
I have podfarm running and load all my vsts up in Reaper but just hear my podfarm and thats it.
Vanilla meaning?
Quote by Andrew/WK
I have podfarm running and load all my vsts up in Reaper but just hear my podfarm and thats it.
Vanilla meaning?

Vanilla means dont tweak have it as plain as possible so when it hits reaper its pure. In reaper, select the input that has the output of podfarm, hit record and THEN the vsts get applied.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.