Hey there!

I am thinking of buying a Multi Effects pedal for stage use as we are a band that do a lot of covers and it is a lot easier to create patches instead of twisting all the knobs back and forth to get that right sound for each song. I was which multi effect pedal I should buy and why? At the moment I'm leaning towards a Boss ME-70 and Digitech RP500 as I'm on a budget.

If it helps I own a Classic Players 50's Strat and a Peavey Classic 30 (We only play small
gigs at the moment).

Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

id definitely go with the boss out of the two
Peavey XXX
B-52 AT 100
Peavey XXl cab
Boss Gt10
Jackson dinky
PRS Paul Alender SE
Why's that?
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

The put 'digi' in digitech for a reason.

But seriously, the boss will sound better. The RP500 is a glorified version of their $100 mutli fx processor if you ask me.

I would really suggest saving up some more and getting a Line 6 M9.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I would definitely go for the Digitech RP500.

Awesome sound bank, awesome amp choices, awesome stompboxes, more than awesome display and matrix control. Believe me, and it's as durable as a tank. You can throw it at someone and let it drop to the ground and take it back and you can still play through it or even throw it again.

But just try both and see what fit you. What we like may not be what you like.

Have fun !
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
does the boss 70 even have patches you can save?

i think at least that is a GS/GT 10/PRO feature on the patch saving.

you may like the Line 6 M13 for effects if you do not like to tweak devices(i endlessly tweak settings on my GT10, but thats because i use the preamps too)
Quote by Chocobo142
I would definitely go for the Digitech RP500.

Awesome sound bank, awesome amp choices, awesome stompboxes, more than awesome display and matrix control. Believe me, and it's as durable as a tank. You can throw it at someone and let it drop to the ground and take it back and you can still play through it or even throw it again.

But just try both and see what fit you. What we like may not be what you like.

Have fun !

id take comfort knowing that my stompboxes would survive when thrown at someone, i know my GT-10 would maim someone if it was thrown at them