Poll finds that nearly 1 in 5 Americans believe that Obama is a Muslim

Page 1 of 3
A substantial and growing number of Americans say that Barack Obama is a Muslim, while the proportion saying he is a Christian has declined. More than a year and a half into his presidency, a plurality of the public says they do not know what religion Obama follows.

A new national survey by the Pew Research Center finds that nearly one-in-five Americans (18%) now say Obama is a Muslim, up from 11% in March 2009. Only about one-third of adults (34%) say Obama is a Christian, down sharply from 48% in 2009. Fully 43% say they do not know what Obama's religion is. The survey was completed in early August, before Obama's recent comments about the proposed construction of a mosque near the site of the former World Trade Center.

The new poll by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press and the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life -- conducted July 21-Aug. 5 among 3,003 respondents reached on landlines and cell phones, and interviewed in both English and Spanish -- finds that despite increasing uncertainty about Obama's religion, the public generally says he handles his religious beliefs appropriately.

http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Growing-Number-of-Americans-Say-Obama-is-a-Muslim.aspx#1

Tut tut America.

Also, because I know the Internet scientists will be on to point out that it's a sample and not all Americans (thank you captain obvious) 3,000 subjects is perfectly adequate for a pretty representative sample of a population.
http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Poll finds that we're idiots.

STOP THE PRESSES.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Poll finds that half the planets population are morons
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
poll finds that polls find.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I hope Pew Research Center is enjoying making us look bad.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Tbh, I don't really know or care about Obama's religion, but does it matter really lol? Muslim or not he should be judged based on his actions
Hm, I wonder how long it's going to take before I lose all hope in my fellow Americans. It seems like it won't be long.

Quote by CoffeeBeans
Tbh, I don't really know or care about Obama's religion, but does it matter really lol?
Apparently it does.

Quote by CoffeeBeans
Muslim or not he should be judged based on his actions
Exactly.

I think the most important thing this poll proves is that Americans are just plain ignorant.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Aug 19, 2010,
Well, very few people know that David Cameron is actally an initiate of the cult of Set.
25% of all statistics are incorrect.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
He states he's Christian, yet he must not follow devoutly, and he is definitely not a muslim. So I don't really know what he is either.

Quote by CoreysMonster
And 78% of all statistics are made up.

68.57% of people know that.
Oh dear America.
It's sad how they used to think he's the best thing since sliced bread and now they're not so hot on him.

"Muslims have the right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," President Obama said. "And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan."

I guess that's the comment that makes them think he's a muslim. Quick to defend their amendments, but only when it suits them.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I thought he was Muslim? I must have been very misinformed. Probably me overhearing my racist mother spewing shit.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
He states he's Christian, yet he must not follow devoutly, and he is definitely not a muslim. So I don't really know what he is either.
What makes you say that?
-Chick Corea
And this is why I can't stand reading my local newspaper's editorial and opinions section. In 2008, they were practically fellating Obama, now every single thing he does brings us closer to being Commies. "I gotz tuh protecs muh kidz fruhm that nazi commie muhzlum obama!"
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by SaintsofNowhere

does it really matter?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Jackal58
Poll finds that half the planets population are morons

75%, to be more accurate.
Quote by itchy guitar
I thought he was Muslim? I must have been very misinformed. Probably me overhearing my racist mother spewing shit.
Yeah that doesn't help.
-Chick Corea
I can tell you right now, my mom is one of the 1/5 people that believe this. >.>

She also believes he's the next Hitler (wtf?) and is going to take over America from the inside-out, and hand it over to the Muslims.

I'm not exaggerating.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 19, 2010,
Well hes obviously the wrong colour to be Christian of course. And nobody else matters except Christians and muslims who they dont like.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Those are the same people that given an Obama poll asking whether he is a communist, fascist, or both, would all mark the "both" category...
"Escape is never the safest path"

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
Quote by OddOneOut
Oh dear America.
It's sad how they used to think he's the best thing since sliced bread and now they're not so hot on him.

"Muslims have the right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," President Obama said. "And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan."

I guess that's the comment that makes them think he's a muslim. Quick to defend their amendments, but only when it suits them.

You should read some of my responses to people that are so eager to only allow rights apply to people that think like they do. I become quite indignant. Some might call me an asshole.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
He's not!?!?!

There again, i'm english.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
73% of all statistics are made-up or weighted heavily with the intent of being outrageous as to cause publicity.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by SlayingDragons
I can tell you right now, my mom is one of the 1/5 people that believe this. >.>

She also believes he's the next Hitler (wtf?) and is going to take over America from the inside-out, and hand it over to the Muslims.

I'm not exaggerating.

Well, being the president has certainly given him a headstart in taking over the country. That's where i'd start too, pretty suspicious behaviour if you ask me.
Am I the only one who doesn't give a f**k if he's Christan, Muslim or a Hindu etc?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Even if he was Muslim, why does that matter?

Because hes worshipping the wrong kind of Abrahamic God apparently.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Even if he was Muslim, why does that matter?

cuz them he'm be an immigant, and he'd huv tooked are jawwwwbs.
Quote by food1010
What makes you say that?

Obviously a pretty big thing to say, and I really can't prove that. But the reason I think this is that he talks of it as a religion he practices, more than what he believes. Most people who devoutly follow any religion think of it as the only way and very important (except for say, Coexist people). He also does things that are generally against Christian value, like drinking for example, and probably other stuff in his younger years. And finally, although this has nothing to prove his Christianity or not, he's a very liberal president whereas most Christian churches are on the conservative side and support conservative values. But this doesn't make him not Christian, however you would think someone who was devout in their faith would be more likely to follow what his church says, even though it's not necessary and doesn't prove anything.

So yeah, I can't prove it or anything, but that's my personal opinion.

Quote by SlayingDragons

I'm not exaggerating.

It sounds legit to me.
Quote by SlayingDragons

I'm not exaggerating.

Sounds a lot like my mom. Does your mom happen to hate him because hes a nigger?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Obviously a pretty big thing to say, and I really can't prove that. But the reason I think this is that he talks of it as a religion he practices, more than what he believes. Most people who devoutly follow any religion think of it as the only way and very important (except for say, Coexist people). He also does things that are generally against Christian value, like drinking for example, and probably other stuff in his younger years. And finally, although this has nothing to prove his Christianity or not, he's a very liberal president whereas most Christian churches are on the conservative side and support conservative values. But this doesn't make him not Christian, however you would think someone who was devout in their faith would be more likely to follow what his church says, even though it's not necessary and doesn't prove anything.

So yeah, I can't prove it or anything, but that's my personal opinion.

I'm going to ask you again, does it really matter?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Page 1 of 3