Ive been offered a Lab Series head from like 1970 for 80 Pounds, I dont know the exact modle or year... but its in good condition, i just wanted to know if anyone has head about this make before? :/
Ive never heard of them, are they any good?
Anyone had anything by them before?
Never heard of them before, but go check it out, see if you like it
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Yeah not a bad idea tbh... Il just go try it out... how i didnt think of that is beyond me
Still... if anyone knows anything abourt them, any good or bad points, would be nice to know
The Lab Series amplifiers were made by (or for) Gibson back in the 1970s. They were solid-state amps that, oddly enough for a guitar amplifier, had a built-in compressor. They were well-made and a favorite of B.B. King for many years. I don't recall them ever making a bass amp, but they might have.

If you are looking for a solid-state guitar amp and it is in good condition (I presume it is the 2x12 L5 combo), 80 GBP is a bit steep IMO. You could probably haggle it down a bit.

http://www.diyguitarist.com/GuitarAmps/LabSeriesL5.htm
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
So im taking it they where a good brand?
Il see if i can get it down abit, but over all its an alright deal?
Yes, they were a good brand. But that amplifier is going to be old, so make sure it is in good shape. And as I said before, I don't know that Lab Series ever made a bass amp, so you won't be able to use it for bass without frying the speakers.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Im pretty sure it was a bass amp specificly, il amke sure i double check, and i do know for a fact that it is in really good condition