Page 1 of 3
Seriously, whats wrong with people these days? More than half the people i talk to in my school have a problem with black people. Everyone finds it funny making racist jokes and taking the piss, having a laugh and because there's no black students or teachers (apart from one or two maybe) that can be offended, people think it's okay.

It's the year 2010, anyone know why this is still an issue?
Because they're black.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
lol sounds like my school. Its funny shit, but its all in good fun. No need to assume that everyones on the verge of roundin' up a lynch mob.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
The thing about jokes is that they're not serious.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i love black dudes, but i still make jokes WITH them.
the funniest black guy i know always makes jokes about himself, and everybody loves him for it
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Cos theyre ****ing losers.
If its jokingly, you should probably lighten up. One of my best friends is black, hes known as 'Black James' (cos we have a white james aswell) but its in good fun so its just funny. If someone was racist towards and him and was deadly serious about it though, I would probably have to break their jaw.

edit: I live in london, loads of people here try to be racist to be cool, and try to make themself the cockney stereotype that is apparently cool these days.
Its sad as shit.
Last edited by 771M at Aug 19, 2010,
Theres nothing wrong with racist jokes or saying racist things. Racism is looked upon to negatively. If I said something bad about people with blonde hair, or Canadians, its not that big of a deal. But one black joke and I must be in the KKK. F*CK that. Racism is only bad when it gets to a point where a race is discrimanted against or opressed.
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
Lok up "joke". When people make jokes about why dithe chicken cross the road, a chicken didn't actually cross the road mate.... Hence "joke".
must...resist...making...black...jokes.

But seriously they're just having fun, I doubt they actually want to go out and kill black people.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Jokes aren't always done with malicious intent. Though I know what it's like, most of the people I meet on a daily basis will use the word 'paki' at sometime during the conversation. Really annoying and always used in some horrific context.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Seriously, whats wrong with people these days? More than half the people i talk to in my school have a problem with black people. Everyone finds it funny making racist jokes and taking the piss, having a laugh and because there's no black students or teachers (apart from one or two maybe) that can be offended, people think it's okay.

It's the year 2010, anyone know why this is still an issue?

If there are no black people in your school..how is it racist to make a joke about them? Unless your school has a "no black people" policy.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I've never met a black person who enjoys being called a niggar, paki, or have a joke made about them. Who would?

A few days ago my best friend called a black man driving past a paki, so the guy just reversed (furiously), got out the car and threatened him. He inevitably shat himself... What's all good about that?
Just because a black person does not enjoy getting made fun of or being called a certain word, doesn't mean that doing it to them is that bad. Black people wouldn't like it if you told them to go get a job so they could afford more KFC, but in reality, that's just sound advice.
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
because you're adopted

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Cuz TS, people watch their TVs and hear racist jokes. People listen to the radio and hear the DJ cracking racist jokes. Comedians make racist jokes. It may be 2010, but people still act racist. It's ok though. Why? It's a joke.

The truth is -- no, it's not ok. But it ain't gonna stop 'til people like you and me, the everyday man starts saying it ain't ok. It ain't ok to say, "I'm white, and there's no blacks here. Here's a black joke." It also also ain't ok to say, "I'm black, and there's no whites here. Here a joke about a cracker." Racism ain't ok, whether you're black, white, mexican, etc. But only by saying it's not ok are we ever gonna make a difference.

TS, tell your friends to not make those kind of jokes please.
Quote by rock.freak667
If there are no black people in your school..how is it racist to make a joke about them? Unless your school has a "no black people" policy.

how is it racist to make a racist joke? Seriously, is that what your asking?

I make fun of white people and black people, I don't discrimate when it comes to jokes...
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Alkaline 64
I've never met a black person who enjoys being called a niggar, paki, or have a joke made about them. Who would?

I do not understand, what exactly are the jokes being made?

Quote by Alkaline 64

A few days ago my best friend called a black man driving past a paki, so the guy just reversed (furiously), got out the car and threatened him. He inevitably shat himself... What's all good about that?

Why did your friend call him a 'paki' for?

EDIT:

Quote by Alkaline 64
how is it racist to make a racist joke? Seriously, is that what your asking?

Sorry, I now read over the OP's post, I didn't read the racist joke part, so I thought they were just making fun of the stereotypes.
Last edited by rock.freak667 at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by Alkaline 64

Your friend is bad at racism.
Racist jokes are funny. No one is entitled not to be offended. Get over it.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Saying racist jokes doesn't make you a racist IMO. I tell a lot of those jokes and I'm not a racist. They're just funny. Some close black friends of mine find them funny too. Is when it really matters that you must step up to the plate and show people you're not a racist.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Quote by itchy guitar
lol sounds like my school. Its funny shit, but its all in good fun. No need to assume that everyones on the verge of roundin' up a lynch mob.

Pretty much this. Some years ago i had a class which would make jokes about black people quite often, but it was just for a bit of fun about gangs and hip-hop.
We even had two black fellows making fun of themselves due to the fact that they were super- tall for our age and run super fast, but they were like brothers to us.
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Quote by rock.freak667
What? If somebody isn't in the room you can make jokes about them? And it's acceptable?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
What? If somebody isn't in the room you can make jokes about them? And it's acceptable?

No, I misunderstood what the OP meant.
Quote by Neal5189
Theres nothing wrong with racist jokes or saying racist things. Racism is looked upon to negatively. If I said something bad about people with blonde hair, or Canadians, its not that big of a deal. But one black joke and I must be in the KKK. F*CK that. Racism is only bad when it gets to a point where a race is discrimanted against or opressed.

HEY, what the **** were you saying about Canadians!?
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Quote by Eastwinn

No, racist jokes are not funny. Racist's jokes cause riots in Preston. Riots aren't funny.
Quote by Eastwinn
So, if I insult your race, it's totally cool with you? I doubt that. But since you're insulting others' race, that's ok? No!

And I'm white, so it ain't like I'm just trying to tell the white man to clean up. I know that some of y'll will start thinking, "Oh, he's just angry at the white man". No, I just think racism needs to go.
Quote by Alkaline 64
No, racist jokes are not funny. Racist's jokes cause riots in Preston. Riots aren't funny.

I think you're being way too sensitive. Theres a big difference between making a "racist" joke based on stereotypes and such; and actually being a full on racist.

Asian people at my school made jokes about whites, whites made jokes about the asians. Nobody ever got offended though.
You're from Up North, TS. You know, the Stone Age.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Neal5189
Says the racist.

Seriously. We don't like your kind around here, boy.
Quote by Eastwinn
Wut?

Seriously, wut?
Quote by paquiquinho
Saying racist jokes doesn't make you a racist IMO. I tell a lot of those jokes and I'm not a racist. They're just funny. Some close black friends of mine find them funny too. Is when it really matters that you must step up to the plate and show people you're not a racist.
Tell your imaginary black friends that I said hi.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Alkaline 64

Actually, they are hilarious. Wanna hear the best joke in the world? What does a black man and Batman have in common? Can't go a day without robbin'. That's hilarious because it plays on a stereotype that anyone who's not a flaming ****ing idiot would realize is untrue. The problem is racist jokes, it's the stupid assholes who think they're entitled to not be offended.

I find that if you lighten up, your days will be a whole lot better.

crazysam: Go ahead. I'm Native American. Make all the jokes you want, as long as they're actually jokes. I think racism should go too, I just don't pull the card at everything. You can't get rid of racism by trying to ignore race all together.

element: I'm not saying it's a good idea to offend someone, I'm saying that you're going to be offended a lot in your lifetime, so you'd save yourself a headache by not faulting the person who offended you, but faulting yourself for becoming so offended. In other words, "chill".
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by SMH07
I think you're being way too sensitive. Theres a big difference between making a "racist" joke based on stereotypes and such; and actually being a full on racist.

Asian people at my school made jokes about whites, whites made jokes about the asians. Nobody ever got offended though.

People i talk to openly say that they don't like black people... Now, there's something not right there. (Whichever way to try and put it)

EDIT:
Quote by Eastwinn
Actually, they are hilarious. Wanna hear the best joke in the world? What does a black man and Batman have in common? Can't go a day without robbin'. That's hilarious because it plays on a stereotype that anyone who's not a flaming ****ing idiot would realize is untrue.

Well the idiocy need to stop.
Last edited by Alkaline 64 at Aug 19, 2010,
I;m in a predominately white town and the one kid at school that was black let us call him ****** as a joke haha. He was a champ.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
jamal: yo nig this guys trying to ruin or fun dawg,

Charls: aww hell naw he's trying to start sum shit up in here. lets jump his ass
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Alkaline 64
People i talk to openly say that they don't like black people... Now, there's something not right there.

Obviously, but that isn't a joke. That is outright saying "I don't like blacks" which is a different matter.
Page 1 of 3