Page 1 of 3
Do you donate money to that hobo on your street?
To that blind guy walking around the train station?
To The guy who plays the saxophone?

Basiclly do you donate money to those who live on the street, if you do not donate even a little bit why is it?
Everyone needs help sometimes.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
i dont give money to homeless people. give them food instead.

i never seen a blind person begging for money.

i dont usually give money to saxophone players, although they are pretty sweet.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I do all the time. Being poor and not being able to afford food is one of the suckiest positions you can be in, so I help whenever I Can.

EDIT: hell, even if they just want money for beer, it's their choice. Still like to help.
No, we all live in a fair capitalist society in which everyone has the same opportunities to become wealthy, why should I help anyone?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
When I have the money, yes

EDIT: ^ I presume you're joking
Last edited by fender_696 at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by jimihendrix6699
i dont give money to homeless people. give them food instead.

i never seen a blind person begging for money.

i dont usually give money to saxophone players, although they are pretty sweet.

You dont have to answer my questions
It was just an example of what I see around here, The main question is do you give money generally to those in need?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I donated money to a hobo once. I found out he wasn't a hobo the next day. I saw him working at some office.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by damian_91
No, we all live in a fair capitalist society in which everyone has the same opportunities to become wealthy, why should I help anyone?

because our society is not a fair one and no, not everybody has the same oppurtunities.
Quote by CoreysMonster
because our society is not a fair one and no, not everybody has the same oppurtunities.

Well then it's their fault for not living in 'murica
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91

Uhhhhhhhhh no, you are wrong.

inb4 arguing about weather or not people have same opporunities.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I never donate to a beggar, only to people who actually work hard to try to make money, like a saxophone player, or those people that sell tissue boxes at traffic lights.
Because then they follow you around.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
No, I don't. However, before you judge me callous, I do give money to the local food shelf. It's called Five Loaves Food and Clothing Center. I figure if a homeless man really wants food or clothes, I mean actually wants food or clothing -- not just some cash so he can get drunk or high or something -- he'll go to the food shelf and get them. But, no, I don't give cash to people begging for it.
Yeah, I give money to the odd homeless chap here and there; I hate the idea of giving food, I find it so patronising and mistrusting. When it comes to buskers, I'll only give money to the genuinely interesting ones; teenagers playing guitar can get fucked for all I care, accordion players get my money.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by lt22
I play saxophone. would you donate money to me?

Definitely, but just because I can't resist saxophones... Or accordeons
Quote by lt22

No. Because you need a bass player. Figure out how to play blues. Then get back to me.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by lt22

Depends on what you play.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
No because once my Dad told me this story about when he was in a train station.

The hobo asked my Dad for money for food. So my Dad said he would buy the hobo food then the hobo told my Dad to **** off. THEN later my Dad walked past the hobo again but this time the hobo (who now had enough money for a can of beer) asked my dad to buy him a can of beer from the shop as he was banned but my Dad didn't do it.

Every time I see a hobo I am reminded of this story. They are homeless for a reason.
Quote by Gorelord666
No. Because you need a bass player. Figure out how to play blues. Then get back to me.

i frequently jam blues and jazz with an awesome bassist. would you donate money to us?
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You dont have to answer my questions
It was just an example of what I see around here, The main question is do you give money generally to those in need?

haha well that happens to be what i generally see.

i dont really donate money. (im only 16 and have no job so yea) but i have before, but i generally dont trust homeless people. i mean they could just go to a food pantry or something. and if they dont know where it is. then they could just ask that instead of begging for money.

but yea i gave taco bell to a guy once. almost got mowed over by a truck in the process, but the hippie needed his taco bell.

...he didn't look very joyous when we have him it though, just kind put it in his back pocket.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
We've all seen the man at the liquor store beggin' for your change
The hair on his face is dirty, dreadlocked and full of mange
He ask the man for what he could spare with shame in his eyes
Get a job you ****in' slob's all he replied
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues

I would, but I never see anyone around here like that.

Edit: I'm also broke and don't carry money around usually
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by lt22
i frequently jam blues and jazz with an awesome bassist. would you donate money to us?

(Sorry but the UG'er you're trying to talk to is unavailable or doesn't exist.)

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by damian_91

Because Mommy and Daddy obviously spoon-fed you Flan, you pretentious, spoiled little shit. Now go and ride your prancing little horse over the little gates and hit the ball with that giant croquet mallet!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by MegadethFan18

The hobo asked my Dad for money for food. So my Dad said he would buy the hobo food then the hobo told my Dad to **** off. THEN later my Dad walked past the hobo again but this time the hobo (who now had enough money for a can of beer) asked my dad to buy him a can of beer from the shop as he was banned but my Dad didn't do it.

Every time I see a hobo I am reminded of this story. They are homeless for a reason.

Hmm, a reason... Like perhaps they lost their job as their employer went bust, couldn't provide for his family, ended up getting the arse-end of a messy divorce, no jobs going, nor property, perhaps begins to drink too much as a result of these awful events, ends up on the streets.

A right deceiving bastard, eh? He's just as likely as the tramp you described.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Because Mommy and Daddy obviously spoon-fed you Flan, you pretentious, spoiled little shit. Now go and ride your prancing little horse over the little gates and hit the ball with that giant croquet mallet!

psst.... it was clearly a joke...
Quote by freddaahh
Hmm, a reason... Like perhaps they lost their job as their employer went bust, couldn't provide for his family, ended up getting the arse-end of a messy divorce, no jobs going, nor property, perhaps begins to drink too much as a result of these awful events, ends up on the streets.

A right deceiving bastard, eh? He's just as likely as the tramp you described.

If they drink too much its their own fault, people can find any job if they really want even if it cleaning bathrooms it is still a job which gives money.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by MegadethFan18

Because they don't have a home?????
I think we have discovered the issue.

Ya I pass along some cash now and then. Depends on how many tricks they know.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Sorry to break it down to you but it was a joke
Quote by Pleasure2kill
All of you saying its their own fault, you have never been in a situation like that.
And hope to god that you never will. Once you've hit rock bottom, it's a hard pit to climb out of.

It can happen to anyone, you know.
Quote by CoreysMonster
All of you saying its their own fault, you have never been in a situation like that.
And hope to god that you never will. Once you've hit rock bottom, it's a hard pit to climb out of.

This
Quote by CoreysMonster

All the homeless people sitting on the street asking for money should go and get a job, you can always get a job, I know it is a hard pit to climb out of but sitting on the street asking for money wont help.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
All the homeless people sitting on the street asking for money should go and get a job, you can always get a job, I know it is a hard pit to climb out of but sitting on the street asking for money wont help.

No. You. Can't.

Have you not read a newspaper for the last two years?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Maybe they need to get new clothes for a job interview?

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

of course not, that'S what they SHOULD do.

I'm just saying, it's waaaay easier said than done, especially if there are things like addictions involved, which can make it impossible to get a job without going to rehab first.
Page 1 of 3