I'm looking to buy a good metal guitar that can have the sound like dethklok, children of bodom, parkaway drive. I'm willing to spend up to 800 dollars, or should I get a cheap guitar and a good amp? considering an ESP, ibanez, or Schecter, which ones better?
I own an ESP LTD MH-50 and I love it. I can get a perfect warm tone, for example, Sweet child o mine sounds spot on, and I can get some really heavy high gain tones on it too, and its only a 250-400 dollar guitar
RIIIGHT.

I gotta Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and plays brilliantly and was great value for money. $850.

dethklok = Gibson = expensive
bodom = ESP = expensive too...
parkway drive are great btw listen to sleepwalker off deep blue the new album...

errm...I generally recommend EMG pickups for metal, for me, they are VERY IMPORTANT.
EMG 81 in the bridge is really what you need for that gritty sound that fits into all your genres. (dethklok endorse them allll throughout metalocalypse)

guitar-wise get what you like in terms of the neck and general feel, everyone is different, I personally hate Ibanez and love Jackson etc.

Yh money is definately needed for amp. Don't buy a high-end guitar thinking it will sound great through a practice amp. Get a good guitar (with EMGs) and get a good amp. Again the amp is preference based. Marshall for me etc. effects aint a bad idea either Boss are pretty good.

I've said enough. psh.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Definately an Esp. Good taste in music by the way
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by baconxx13
I own an ESP LTD MH-50 and I love it. I can get a perfect warm tone, for example, Sweet child o mine sounds spot on, and I can get some really heavy high gain tones on it too, and its only a 250-400 dollar guitar

You obviously haven't used a lot of guitars

Not Ibanez, because I don't think they use active pickups.
I'd go for Schecter but it really depends on the type of neck you like and I also think ESPs are ugly.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

well since brendan plays gibson explorers mostly how about a ESP Ltd EX-360.

that gives you money to get a not so shitty amp.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
well since brendan plays gibson explorers mostly how about a ESP Ltd EX-360.

that gives you money to get a not so shitty amp.

What amp would you suggest?
well, i would get a peavey 6506 1x12 used and then get a guitar, but if i was getting the ESP then amp i think i would try to get a Jet City JCA2112RC and find some kind of boost or distortion pedal for the real high gain stuff. maybe even add an EQ pedal too.

but that's me. i personally would get a tube amp. but i dont know many high gain tube amps at that budget other than the Peavey and that would be a little out of your range if you got the ESP.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
RIIIGHT.

I gotta Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and plays brilliantly and was great value for money. $850.

dethklok = Gibson = expensive
bodom = ESP = expensive too...
parkway drive are great btw listen to sleepwalker off deep blue the new album...

errm...I generally recommend EMG pickups for metal, for me, they are VERY IMPORTANT.
EMG 81 in the bridge is really what you need for that gritty sound that fits into all your genres. (dethklok endorse them allll throughout metalocalypse)

guitar-wise get what you like in terms of the neck and general feel, everyone is different, I personally hate Ibanez and love Jackson etc.

Yh money is definately needed for amp. Don't buy a high-end guitar thinking it will sound great through a practice amp. Get a good guitar (with EMGs) and get a good amp. Again the amp is preference based. Marshall for me etc. effects aint a bad idea either Boss are pretty good.

I've said enough. psh.

What amp do you think I should get? If I buy the ESP LTD EC-1000 then I can spend about 300 dollars on one. If I get the ESP Ltd EX-360 I can spend about 500-600. Which ones a better deal?
Quote by Machine Supreme
What amp do you think I should get? If I buy the ESP LTD EC-1000 then I can spend about 300 dollars on one. If I get the ESP Ltd EX-360 I can spend about 500-600. Which ones a better deal?

shit i didn't know you'd have that much money after the esp ltd ex-360. do the ex-360 and a peavey 6505 1x12 and you will be golden dude.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
id suggest go for cort vx 4v. It has emg pickups, f.r. lisenced tremolo and its a v shape guitar like alexi uses.... Itz real hot... N dont ya understimate cort company... They make guitars for ibanez.... U really shuld go for his one... Its very cheap also... Also see some of vids of this guitar on youtube
Get the baritone Hellraiser and a capo so you can just capo up to play songs by different bands instead of getting the regular model and having to change your tuning a couple times a day.
GO GETZ A SHECTAR!

But no, I suggest an ESP. I like the EX series, might be a little uncomfortable. The MH/M/H series is nice. I like the H series. They have an MH LTD version where it's SSH. I don't play guitar, but I want it.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Aug 20, 2010,
EC-1000, i have the ESP Eclipse, and i love both guitars! they are very awesome! like very awesome! i play bullet, KSE, BVB, slayer, COB, stuff like that, and its hella awesome =D
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Quote by Machine Supreme

hmmn as much as I hate to admit it get line 6. In built effects so no need for a pedal and the tone isn't half bad. My friend has the spider III, its pretty good. Then again, I would have to recommend the LTD EC-1000, it trumps the ex. I do like esp-ltd...hmmn def get a big amp (more than 50 watts) sounds silly but the bigger usually the better tone as a kind of correlation rather than sure thing. 100watt spider III with the EC-1000 should have you set for years, you wont need to upgrade much.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Go with quality first. Because if you buy a cheap guitar, you will definitely want to upgrad later, so why not start off right from the start??

Then, consider a Fender Strat. It has wide frets to allow easy shredding and a choice of both single and double coil pick ups for maximum playability.

ron666
say what you will about this, but ima gonna recommend a behringer. i really like the modelling on it, the effects aren't half bad, and throw a distortion pedal (ie ds1) in front and the tones are pretty nice. 100w, 2 channel, comes with footswitch. i dont understand the crap about behringers QC. ive been playing the brand for 6-7 years no problems. $260 new, i got mine $100 off craigslist.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-V-Tone-GMX212-Stereo-Combo-102533791-i1145422.gc

on another note. i recommend blackouts over emgs. i am a recent convert, they do a bit more of a 'fuller' sound that i like, and sound overall better. try em!
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!