So I was looking at an Xaviere JM40 on GFS, and I was wondering if any kind of Fender neck would fit into that body. Strat or Jazzmaster, I really don't care what kind so long as it's a Fender. I know that Xavieres are really hit-or-miss, but even if I buy one and it sucks it could still be a project guitar. Also, would it be worth the trouble to attempt this? Or would I be better off just saving for the real Jazz (which at this rate would take me several years?)
Oh definitely go for it........there's always something more special about a home-built axe anyway!!

I reckon it should be fine, as these smaller companies (that have official replica licences) tend to use original blueprints and measurements, and so they can be more-or-less identical size-wise. And you can EASILY find a vintage-look Strat neck for it.........

If you do decide to go with it, bear in mind 2 features: (1) the wood the body is made of may be cheap and can have a dramatic effect on the overall tone, and (2) when you find a neck you like, GET THE DIMENSIONS of the neck joint......
I definitely love the concept of a home built axe, but does anyone know of any specific necks that would require no routing? I'm not the best of woodworkers...at all.
the JM-40 is the jazz master right? the one with the floaty trem?

if it is it says right in the desription that their fender replacement necks are a perfect fit for them. You should totally get one of these and then tell me how good they are. i REALLY want a jazzmaster/jaguar and these seem to be the best bet.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Yeah, I'm planning on picking one up when I get a legitimate job. Thanks for all the help, I'll let you know if I ever get one
Quote by the_perdestrian
the JM-40 is the jazz master right? the one with the floaty trem?

if it is it says right in the desription that their fender replacement necks are a perfect fit for them. You should totally get one of these and then tell me how good they are. i REALLY want a jazzmaster/jaguar and these seem to be the best bet.

Umm... what about RondoMusic?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
From what I've read the Xavier guitars take Fender necks with no problem.
I was actually thinking about looking for an Xavier Jazzy, or Tele body, and popping a strat neck on. Even though I think the heel is cut square on the tele models.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Xaviere Guitars are actually very well made, and a lot better than guitars of similar cost. My friend has two, the XV500 and the XV610. Both are extremely nice guitars, and are really good quality for guitars that cost less than AU$500 shipped. His XV500 is an older model, and the pickups weren't the ones they use now, but they're still really good guitars for the cost.