Hey guys. So someone played my ESP Ex-400 and asked to buy it. I said 450 (would have gone down to 400). They said 350. I wasn't digging that. But the guy who wants to buy it has a Dean Vendetta XM and he'ss getting a new guitar because he has to solder the pickups back on all the time because they always disconnect. I was thinking of asking him if he would give me 350 and his old guitar but I don't even know if the Dean would be worth a project. I was thinking I could put in a Duncan Designed Distortion into it originally from my jackson. I was also thinking of doing a custom paintjob on it and see how that goes. Is this guitar even worth doing those mods to? Or will it still be super shitty even after that? I'm not really picky at all about woods but this guitar seemed almost hollow when I played it once. And I have seen a couple of guitars on Kijiji that are about 350 that would be sweet to buy with the rest of the cash. So do you think this dean is even worth customizing?
Last edited by Levi79 at Aug 19, 2010,
The pickups keep falling out? I wouldn't get it if that was the case...Dean seems to be really hit-or-miss(the sound I get out of my MLX is amazing for the hard rock/80s metal I play, and the body itself is sturdy and light for the size, but the soldering and the nut-cutting were both horribly-done jobs(I've had to cut the nut myself, and at the moment my G's being held up by a piece of paper because the string kept popping out until I actually had to cut it to the point where there was no nut left)...if you're planning on revamping the whole thing, then surely it can't be that bad, and the body/necks are fairly good-quality, but the nut and wiring..not so much. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
The pickups keep falling out? I wouldn't get it if that was the case...Dean seems to be really hit-or-miss(the sound I get out of my MLX is amazing for the hard rock/80s metal I play, and the body itself is sturdy and light for the size, but the soldering and the nut-cutting were both horribly-done jobs(I've had to cut the nut myself, and at the moment my G's being held up by a piece of paper because the string kept popping out until I actually had to cut it to the point where there was no nut left)...if you're planning on revamping the whole thing, then surely it can't be that bad, and the body/necks are fairly good-quality, but the nut and wiring..not so much. XD

Well the wiring shouldn't be hard because I have a brother who's an electrician. And how much does a new nut cost? Probably not much.
Quote by Levi79
Well the wiring shouldn't be hard because I have a brother who's an electrician. And how much does a new nut cost? Probably not much.

Yeah, a nut's, like, $30, and me and Dad just took a nailfile to it, and the soldering's nothing if you know how to do it(I do it myself, I'm 15...XD).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by Levi79

prolli like 50 cents haha. Nd I think it would work out but I would probably get a new guitar with the 350 used nd do stuff wit the dean as you pickup money
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by ishmonkey
prolli like 50 cents haha. Nd I think it would work out but I would probably get a new guitar with the 350 used nd do stuff wit the dean as you pickup money

Yeah, I'm thinking if he goes with this deal I will get a used Schecter Omen 7 or an Ibanez RG350DX, both found on kijiji for $350
Quote by Levi79
Yeah, I'm thinking if he goes with this deal I will get a used Schecter Omen 7 or an Ibanez RG350DX, both found on kijiji for $350

Why? the EX-400 is a much beter guitar than those.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by Enix165
Yeah, a nut's, like, $30, and me and Dad just took a nailfile to it, and the soldering's nothing if you know how to do it(I do it myself, I'm 15...XD).

not that much. depending on the material a new nut cut to your specs can be as cheap as 12 bucks.
Quote by Alucard817
not that much. depending on the material a new nut cut to your specs can be as cheap as 12 bucks.

o-o Well then. Shit's expensive here in Newfoundland then, Epi G-400s are $550. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by Levi79

350dx are okay but the edge III is just not all that great I would find myself grabbin a used s series ibanez like I already did and believe me the ZR trem just beats the balls off most other trems
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.