Page 1 of 2
Xysma was Finnish Grindcore/Goregrind/Death Metal/Death 'n' Roll/Retro Rock band found in 1988, at Naantali. The band has been openly granted as the FIRST EVER Grindcore band from Finland. Originally named as Repulse, the band recorded their first demo "On a Cartrip to Sweden" in 1987. The Band was later named Xysma and under their new name, they released their legendary second demo "Swarming of the Maggots" in 1989. In 1990 they got signed to Comeback record company and they released their first EP "Above the Mind of Morbidity" in the same year. By then, Xysma had had more Death Metal influences to their music and the grindcore blasts decreased and the speed slowed down. Later that year they released a 7-inch "Fata Morgana" through American Seraphic Decay label. 1991 ,Xysma recorded their first full-length "Yeah", which was released by the old ComeBack label and recorded in the famous Swedish Sunlight Studios in Stockholm. This album introduced a original mix of Heavy/Death metal/psychedelic rock riffs in the vein of Black Sabbath and occasional Grindcore blasting. Therefore, Xysma can be considered the ACTUAL PIONEER OF DEATH 'N' ROLL, a style , which was later familiarized by Entombed in their 1993 "Wolverine Blues" album. Their second album "The First and Magical"'93 continued loosely the same musical paths as their former album, but now with less Grindcore and Death Metal influences. The name of their second album was sort of a sign of their major changes to be come. the third full-length, 1994's "Deluxe",showed the last signs of Grindcore blasts and Death 'n' Roll. "Lotto" of 1996 presented Xysma's whole new style, Retro-rock. The old days had been left behind for good. After their last album "Girl on the Beach" of 1998 the band split-up.

Discuss this awesome Finnish death/grind band
I really like Above the Mind of Morbidity, it has such ass-kicking riffs
I haven't heard any of their albums though, just the demo and two EPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLZ3we-BFg">http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLZ3we-BFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iz-pqq62IE">http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iz-pqq62IE
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Sounds like fun everyonce in a while even though I'm not a huge fan of the genre. Kinda reminds me of Rompeprop. and I love me some Romp everyonce in a while. I'll definately check more of them out.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
Sounds like fun everyonce in a while even though I'm not a huge fan of the genre. Kinda reminds me of Rompeprop. and I love me some Romp everyonce in a while. I'll definately check more of them out.

yeah the riffs are totally kick-ass
total Carcass worship but with a darker atmosphere
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Great band! Finland had such a great scene,pity it's overrun with lame melodic shit now.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

bump because this band is too good
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Yes it is too good. This band has always been one of my favorites from the Finnish scene.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Dont go past the demos/eps. Their 'death'n'roll' is complete horseshit, worse than that term itself.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
A million times worse. I think WB is ok in parts, but havent listened to it in about a year.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by progbass
posting to remind myself to check them out. Best starting spot lads?

Swarming of the Maggots- basically reek of Putrefaction part 2
Above the Mind of Morbidity- more Carcass worship, but with more death metal in the mix
Fata Morgana- death metal with a sort of psychedelic atmosphere (it's better than it might sound)
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
...Obviously

Their demos and ep is some of the best grindcore ever played.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Sure, as is that wax cylinder EP recorded by the korean guy and his retarded dog from down the corner, yeah? We get it, you know every metal band in the world. Now start talking sense.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Above the Mind of Morbidity is stellar everywhere...the other EP is pretty twisted, and the demo is disgusting

Love it
Philosophy > Life
But it really is great. And I found out about them last year without help from the forum FYI.
Quote by beadhangingOne
My undead crew against yours!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quick, Hunter! Disintegrate them with your green waves!

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
How is any of this relevant?
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by Crazed Shredder
How is any of this relEGGPLANT?

Dunno
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quote by The Wildchild
Dunno

Are you high?
Quote by beadhangingOne
So yeah, anyway, Xysma is the greatest band of the 21st century because their demos and eps showcase ideas that I don't really understand but still talk about in an attempt to make myself look smart.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
21st century?
Quote by beadhangingOne
Dude, I was totally talking about the compilations they released!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quote by progbass
Above the Mind > Reek of Putrefaction

Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Page 1 of 2