Hi all, I have a problem with the sustainer circuit in my guitar. My guitar is a fernandes monterey elite if it matters and the bridge pickup is a seymour duncan JB.

Basically the guitar requires you to have a battery in it for there to be any signal from the pickups regardless of the JB being passive.

My problem lies with the fact that I don't use the sustainer and it is always turned off but as a busy and forgetful person I forget to unplug my cable from my guitar pretty much all the time. While the cable is plugged into the guitar the battery life drains away and I find myself buying batteries to a ridiculous extent that I have to replace them every week at least.

This brings me onto my question:

Is it possible to rewire the guitar so that I can use the JB even when there is no battery. It seems that fernandes themselves haven't looked into this maybe because it's not possible or because it's not a considerable problem to most.

I don't have any experience with the electronics in the guitar so if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and if I missed anything or didn't explain anything I apologise, it's 2am and I have had a busy day.
Pog wrote:

this is menna be basics. for retards!!! wtf is hammer on. do u want me to take a ***in sledge hammmer to my guitar?!?!?!
Thanks for the suggestion,I'll head over there now
Pog wrote:

this is menna be basics. for retards!!! wtf is hammer on. do u want me to take a ***in sledge hammmer to my guitar?!?!?!
Even though I'm not familiar with fernandes sustainers, I do make a lot of my own homemade sustainers, so this mod is certainly do-able ....but it'd be a complete barsteward (nay impossible) to describe if you don't know much about guitar wiring in the first place - so, if you're ever down North London way (which is where I live).....I could implement this for you in exchange for some produce of the Royal Mint (PP3s get expensive...and you'd save a heap on those!)
Last edited by HankMcSpank at Aug 20, 2010,
Thanks guys. After having a look at that Kramer forum I realized how little I know about wiring. I'll have a word with my technician when I go back to college to see if he could help me out. Thanks for the offer Hank, if my technician can't help me and I end up near london I'll send you a message or something. Thanks again for the help
Pog wrote:

You COULD, like my new mod on my LP with the P-Rails, get a selector switch for each position you want?
Like Sustainer on - Passive on or Sustainer off - Passive off?

I'll try make a schem for you out of my guitar, as I got a guy to do it for me.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do