hey guys, I've had my valveking for a little over a year and so far everything seems fine but i wanna know what the average life expectancy of tubes are. are there any noticeable sign of when they go bad?
also what should i get to replace them?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
I was going to tell you to hit up The Valveking Thread MkII but the answer is pretty much the same no matter what the amp.

There is no hard and fast rules when it comes to tubes. Some of it has to do with the quality of the tubes (not the greatest in the VK) and some of it has to do with how often you play, how hard you play, how much you transport the amp, how well you take care of it, etc.

There are stories of new tubes lasting 2 hours and there are stories of tubes lasting 20+ years. Generally, for this question the answer is this:

Power tubes should last about 2 years and you will know they are dying because the amp will start to lose volume and they will just die off.

Preamp tubes should last about 2-4 years and you will know they are dying because they often become 'overly microphonic' and will start to snap, crackle and pop.

About the only thing you can do to be preemptive is to determine what kind of new tubes you might (how you may want to change your tone slightly) and go ahead and order a full replacement or at least 1 or 2 preamp tubes. Power tubes almost always need to be ordered in matched sets.

you don't need to bias a Valveking either (they are non-adjustable fixed bias) so just plug n play.

Does that help? Do you need more info.
^As an addendum, and it seems obvious, I'd say make sure you get the right tubes, especially for fixed bias amps. In that case, 6L6s would be the ones to make sure you get.

How do you want to change your tone?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30