Who would win in a fight?

But seriously, which would be more useful? I'm going to spend the next 4 years starting next week studying one or the other, and still haven't decided. Latin would be easier for me as Spanish is my first language and I speak French semi-fluently, but Chinese seems for useful from a business perspective.

Anyone here speak one or the other or both?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Latin will be infinitely easier. And I really don't think either one are really practical, so the choice has been made.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Do whichever's easier for you, and it will pay off in the long run.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
It's just the choice between a dead language and a language spoken by 885 million people that's bothering me.

Quote by Masamune
I say chinese, definitely more useful. I'm assuming it'll be mandarin?

Yes.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Hmm, that's a tough one. I guess you need to work out who would be more useful to understand, one fifth of the world's population, or a handful of boring Catholic men who say the same things over and over in a dead language out of tradition.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by migueltherocker
It's just the choice between a dead language and a language spoken by 885 million people that's bothering me.

Sounds like you've already made your decision.
Quote by migueltherocker

Oh come on, when was the last time you had the opportunity to speak Mandarin? You wouldn't use it. The same as Latin. That puts them on an equal footing in my book.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
If you are studying science, particularly biology, latin could be extremely useful because so many terms are derived from latin. If it's business your thinking of, go chinese, there are just way to many of them for it to ever come in handy.
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
Quote by whalepudding
Hmm, that's a tough one. I guess you need to work out who would be more useful to understand, one fifth of the world's population, or a handful of boring Catholic men who say the same things over and over in a dead language out of tradition.

True, but say I become a lawyer. How many legal terms are still in Latin? It would be infinitely easier to understand ad hominem if I actually have some background in the language.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Chinese is more useful, but Latin sounds better and with Latin, Italian, the best language there is, will be that much easier. Screw business, that's what translators are for, you have some Latin to learn.
Many, many people speak Chinese dialects and jobs will look favorably on applicants who speak foreign languages fluently. However, it's difficult to learn any language to that point.

Latin, on the other hand, would increase your knowledge of the English language and others that have word origins in Latin, but it's a dead language.

Pros and cons to both.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
play deadliest warrior when the Aztec warrior gets realised and fight against the ninja and go with whatever wins lol
For speaking to and international business- Chinese
For law, medicine and anything involving Romance langauges- Latin

Personally I'd go for Latin, but I'm biased; I'm a Spanish major. I had a lot of fun picking up the bit of Latin that I know.

EDIT:

Quote by l.a.ibanez123
play deadliest warrior when the Aztec warrior gets realised and fight against the ninja and go with whatever wins lol

Aztec warrior? What the fuck? How about the Roman Republic/Empire, yo? The conquistadors of Latin America spoke Spanish, not Latin, and the Aztecs did not speak either language. They spoke, well, the Aztec language.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by Spartan070sarge

Aztec warrior? What the fuck? How about the Roman Republic/Empire, yo? The conquistadors of Latin America spoke Spanish, not Latin, and the Aztecs did not speak either language. They spoke, well, the Aztec language.

Not to mention Ninjas existed in Feudal Japan and spoke Japanese..
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Latin. Then you can learn latin-based languages with ease.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by Diamond Dave
learn chinese man, latin is a stupid idea

You're a stupid idea, Diamond Dave. You're a stupid idea.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I still have no idea what to choose. Thanks, Pit.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Chinese is spoken by over 700 million people. Latin is spoken by... priests?
Not a very hard pick .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by itchy guitar
Latin will be infinitely easier.

It's harder, far harder than most people think.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
We'll all be speaking Chinese in the coming years, so I guess Chinese.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
ponete a estudiar latin, porque vamos a querer nosotors los latinos volver el mandarin el proximo idioma de los negocios? seria interesante estudiar latin porque como voz decis, sabes español y algo de frances

if you dont understasnd **** off
Quote by migueltherocker
Who would win in a fight?

But seriously, which would be more useful? I'm going to spend the next 4 years starting next week studying one or the other, and still haven't decided. Latin would be easier for me as Spanish is my first language and I speak French semi-fluently, but Chinese seems for useful from a business perspective.

Anyone here speak one or the other or both?
Mandarin ... it'll be the Chinese century.

Quote by actaderock
ponete a estudiar latin, porque vamos a querer nosotors los latinos volver el mandarin el proximo idioma de los negocios? seria interesante estudiar latin porque como voz decis, sabes español y algo de frances

if you dont understasnd **** off

Pues si, pero eres hincha del Nacional entonces tengo que decir lo opuesto.

But seriously, I guess I'll take chinese.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Last edited by migueltherocker at Aug 19, 2010,