Hey, im concidering modding my squire jazz bass, and i have a few questions, so il just get stuck in

1) What are the benifits of a bad ass II bridge?

2) Will a bad ass II bridge be a direct fit for my squire?

3) What exactly is a 'hipshot D-tuner' and how does it work? I know it changes my tuning for me but is it always reliable? and does it do the same for tuning back up to E?

4) How noticable would a change in pickup be? And what would anyone recomend in the way of pickups?

And finaly!

5) I dont use my neck pick up at all, its constatly set to 0 volume, if i changed my bridge pickup i would have any problems with it would i?

Now sorry about the essay, but as far as modding goes, my biggest job is drilling some holes so my new scratch plate would fit, so im a total noob, Some questions might seem stupid to everyone but hey! Its better to be safe than sorry right?
Quote by SamWhiteBASS
Hey, im concidering modding my squire jazz bass, and i have a few questions, so il just get stuck in

Okay

Quote by SamWhiteBASS
1) What are the benifits of a bad ass II bridge?

Supposedly, "The special music metal material was engineered to provide synergistic resonance mass and the most efficient sound transfer for tremendous increase in attack, sustain and clarity of notes"

And it says that because it has pointed saddles, it gets rid of 'inaccurate harmonic tuning' Which cannot be go

Quote by SamWhiteBASS
2) Will a bad ass II bridge be a direct fit for my squire?

"The BASS II is a precision, harmonically-tunable direct replacement bridge designed to enhance Fender Jazz and Precision Basses."

It should be a direct replacement for Fenders, I'd see if your bridge is the same size as a Fenders.

Quote by SamWhiteBASS
3) What exactly is a 'hipshot D-tuner' and how does it work? I know it changes my tuning for me but is it always reliable? and does it do the same for tuning back up to E?

These Ones? or the EVH kind? Either way, they don't tune back for you, just down to D. And both seem fairly reliable.

Quote by SamWhiteBASS
4) How noticable would a change in pickup be? And what would anyone recomend in the way of pickups?

It depends what you have in there for pickups now, and what amp you're playing through. Crappy pickups will sound better if replaced, if you're playing through an okay, non-modeling amp. As for suggestions, you got me, you could try the Pickup buying thread though.

Quote by SamWhiteBASS
And finaly!

5) I dont use my neck pick up at all, its constatly set to 0 volume, if i changed my bridge pickup i would have any problems with it would i?

No, as long as you rewire correctly.

Quote by SamWhiteBASS
Now sorry about the essay, but as far as modding goes, my biggest job is drilling some holes so my new scratch plate would fit, so im a total noob, Some questions might seem stupid to everyone but hey! Its better to be safe than sorry right?

Nope, questions are fine! And I cannot agree enough, it's always good to plan ahead.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Okay

Supposedly, "The special music metal material was engineered to provide synergistic resonance mass and the most efficient sound transfer for tremendous increase in attack, sustain and clarity of notes"

And it says that because it has pointed saddles, it gets rid of 'inaccurate harmonic tuning' Which cannot be go

Sounds kinda... pointless? For the price of it anyway...

Quote by MonkeyLink07

These Ones? or the EVH kind? Either way, they don't tune back for you, just down to D. And both seem fairly reliable

Ahh thats not so bad, would you recomend one is you switch between Drop D And Standard In a few of your songs? Bearing in mind that i have a tuner on my pedal board... making the D-tuner kind of pointless...

Quote by MonkeyLink07
It depends what you have in there for pickups now, and what amp you're playing through. Crappy pickups will sound better if replaced, if you're playing through an okay, non-modeling amp. As for suggestions, you got me, you could try the Pickup buying thread though.

Now i just have the standard jazz bass pick ups that come with it, nothing special, and all the pickups in the thread seem to be guiar ones, i guess i can try the bass forum for that

Quote by MonkeyLink07
No, as long as you rewire correctly.

Right ok Problem solved

Quote by MonkeyLink07
Nope, questions are fine! And I cannot agree enough, it's always good to plan ahead.
And thankyou very much! Been alot of help!