Apparently the LA Times says the new Stallone movie is exploiting patriotism to sell tickets. Is this really an issue, or is O'Reilly exaggerating it just to plug the movie?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
stallone just wants to make a movie with little to no plot and with many people dying. he delivers.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Dec 21, 2011,
not really. it just has an "all-star" line-up and haters gonna hate
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I didn't see anything that could be classified as "patriotic" through the whole movie. That just sounds like bullshit.
I watched it a few days ago, nothing patriotic in there

Is this gonna be like when people got mad over Robert Downey Jr. saying "Nigga, you just went full retard."?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Wesseem
stallone just wants to make a movie with little to no plot and with many people dying. he delivers. also it wasn't very patriotic...it made Americans look like criminals

I loved how the first death in the movie was a guy literally blasted off his legs with an RPG.
Quote by Wesseem
stallone just wants to make a movie with little to no plot and with many people dying. he delivers. also it wasn't very patriotic...it made Americans look like criminals

I thought so too. If there was any political message at all it would have something to do with American occupation of other countries.
If you don't like Stallone, then you don't like America. And if you don't like America, you can geeeet ouuutt.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by CaptDin
I loved how the first death in the movie was a guy literally blasted off his legs with an RPG.

That was so awesome
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by rgrockr
LA Times says ......... is O'Reilly exaggerating it just to plug the movie?

WUT?
lrn2journalist
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
"The Expendables" was too shit for me to care about its 'patriotism."
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Assid Rane
WUT?
lrn2journalist

I should have clarified... I saw this on O'Reilly, and he was talking about an LA Times article. I have a feeling though that he just made this into an issue to plug the movie.
Whenever someone talks about this movie I think they're talking about the band and I get confused.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Acϵ♠
"The Expendables" was too shit for me to care about its 'patriotism."

I'm sorry that the story wasn't compelling enough to stimulate your superior brain.
I think it even hinted at the US government being responsible for the corruption and drug market in other countries. Doesn't sound like a patriotic film to me.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Quote by AJSaw
Stop. This thread is being hijacked. it is now about yaks.

As a member of the Cyber Police, Special Backtracing division, I'm placing you under arrest for attempted thread hijacking and lack of creativity. Resist and I will shoot.

On-topic, who cares if it has a patriotic message? You're missing the point if you go to see it for the plot.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193

On-topic, who cares if it has a patriotic message? You're missing the point if you go to see it for the plot.

Very true. I went simply for the fact that Stallone has been my idol since childhood and I knew there would be alot of violence, which tends to make for a awesome movie. Plus, with that line up, the movie has to be badass.

On topic tho, I saw no hints of patriotism/ nationalism in the movie.
Hollywood movies exploiting patriotism? Never.

Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
It was patriotic? Sorry I must have missed that element, the constant death and explosions might have a part to play in that.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by Meths
Hollywood movies exploiting patriotism? Never.

(Invalid img)

Independence Day was awesome

I still need to see the expendables though. I hope they have subtitles for when Stallone tries to speak
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Independence Day was awesome

Indeed. Lots of it was unintentionally hilarious though. It was on a list of best disaster movies on tv once and one of the contributors was saying he watched it in the USA and the audience cheered at Bill Pullman's god awful speech.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Indeed. Lots of it was unintentionally hilarious though. It was on a list of best disaster movies on tv once and one of the contributors was saying he watched it in the USA and the audience cheered at Bill Pullman's god awful speech.

Oh god.

I think the worst part is that I could totally see that happening around here.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396