I have a gibson SG from the 70's. It has a Harmonica Bridge on it.
Do I need to put a tune o matic on it for it to have the maestro?
Or will it work with the harmonica bridge?
It would probably be a very tight squeeze to install a Maestro tailpiece on a Gibson SG with a Harmonica bridge. As long as you have the clearance, though, it will work just fine. Alex Lifeson's Custom ES-355 TDSV has a Maestro tailpiece and a harmonica bridge.

Take a look at this picture and decide if you have enough clearance with the harmonica:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-Custom/SG-Custom-Maestro-VOS.aspx
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
iv got an epi SG with a meastro and there isnt a whole lot of room between the bridge and the maestro. how wide is the harmonica bridge?
Quote by CreepingDeath13
iv got an epi SG with a meastro and there isnt a whole lot of room between the bridge and the maestro. how wide is the harmonica bridge?

As I recall, it is about one inch deep.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
i just measured the distance and it would be a close fit and could possibly be touching the maestro at the top low E where its closest to it and may also be in the way when you depress the maestro. i would say put the maestro on but be prepared to have to install a T-o-M bridge cause the harmonica bridge just may be too big.