Poll: Do you agree with what he says?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you agree with what he says?
Yes
106 50%
No
80 38%
I do not know
26 12%
Voters: 212.
Page 1 of 6
Betty White.

That is all.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I currently can't watch the video, so I apologize.

But I disagree with the thread title. I've met a couple females this week alone that are absolutly hysterical. Their body animations, the things that they say, and just their presence were hilarious.
Some can be funny, but I don't know many.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Women are funny until they leave the kitchen, then they're asking for trouble.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by smartalec007
Betty White.

That is all.

Funny in a "classy grandma who tries to be hip" kinda way.

But people like Lisa Lampenelli(?).... not funny. Who the hell is she anyways?

Sarah Silverman however.... FUNNY
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
i will say that 90% when there is a female comedian on tv, i change the channel.
Quote by damian_91
Women are funny until they leave the kitchen, then they're asking for trouble.

What! Women actually leave the kitchen! How dare they...

On topic, I know a few funny women, but there usually all kind of ugly, so they kindof have to be funny...
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Quote by Toniofalcon
Awaiting political correctness " IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE THEY COULD BE FUNNY" responses that completely miss the point.

This exercise has a point?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This applies to anything. Comedy, music, career, etc. Generally, the best man will always be better than the best woman in anything for this reason. I totally agree.

^^^I was referring to the point which says from an evolutionary standpoint women don't have to be funny ( which is mentioned in the video ) because they are already attractive enough to get men. Many guys have to learn to be funny in order to match women. There's more of an incentive for a guy to be funny ( sex, a basic human need ) as opposed to a woman, who might just do it for the approval ( which the guy might want to ).
Last edited by Toniofalcon at Aug 20, 2010,
For the record, I there are many male comedians that I would avoid as well as comedians. And there are many males that aren't very funny.

Men typically just talk about sex, race, or how they are a guy.
I agree with what I think might be his point. It all comes back to sex, like every difference between genders. Women can only reproduce once every 9 months, men can ejaculate several times a day, so the women are forced to be more selective, and men more competitive. Either gender can be talented, but men tend to try harder to show any talent they have or think they have.

As I've just demonstrated, by trying to sound smart in the hopes that someone might touch my penis.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 20, 2010,
On TV, I hardly know any funny females. But in real life I have met some girls that are pretty funny actually.
Quote by Toniofalcon
Awaiting political correctness " IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE THEY COULD BE FUNNY" responses that completely miss the point.

Thing is, it's not really all that subjective. The point that men NEED to be funny is true, often being a 'funny guy' is an attractive quality in a man. You don't hear that quite so much the other way around.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Agreed. Men are better at just about everything.

Am I supposed to know who this is? He kind of looks like that guy from Reno 911.
Quote by CaptDin
Am I supposed to know who this is? He kind of looks like that guy from Reno 911.

Maybe I was dating myself a little... It's Dick Materson. The guy who went on Dr. Phil with his philosophy of men > women. Funny as Hell.
I think his underlying argument is sound. That is: socially speaking women don't need to be funny because they are (on the average) more attractive. I think this is largely true. I seen guys put up with stupid, self-absorbed, bitches who are incapable of simple everyday tasks just because they're beautiful and will occasionally take their clothes off... I've NEVER seen a girl put up with a stupid, self-absorbed asshat, even when they're ripped, sports stars who can manage day-to-day tasks with some ability.

I think men just put a lot more weight on women's appearance than women do men's... So personality (sense of humor, etc) is suddenly vastly more important.

I don't think the argument as a whole is correct, but the basis is definitely true. If you don't believe me go to any college-town bar in a couple week when school picks up.
Some women are funny.
Some women aren't funny.
ALL of these threads are stupid.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Some women are funny.
Some women aren't funny.

The need for men to be funny is there (as that post abit above says quite nicely), it isn't there anywhere near as much for women.

edit: and clearly it's about men and women IN GENERAL, it's getting irritating to keep seeing posts say 'olololo i know a girl who is funny so u r wrong!111'. Nice, no one ever said that 100% of women are unfunny.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by lordofthefood1
Some women are funny.
Some women aren't funny.

Your logic is infallible.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Your logic is infallible.

Some bears are white.
All white bears are polar.
All white bears dissolve in water.
Logic, bitches
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
The more attractive they are the funnier and more interesting we find them. 8-)
Scientific fact: Men have larger brains (100gm heavier on average)
While I agree that it's very important for men to be funny, I found his condescending attitude to be very off-putting. I also don't see why he felt the need to give it such a sensationalist title.
I know lot's of women that are funny.

Man he's a dick. I think he's trying to be a dick.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Holy Katana
While I agree that it's very important for men to be funny, I found his condescending attitude to be very off-putting. I also don't see why he felt the need to give it such a sensationalist title.

It's more than likley vanity fair named it, also it was in reply to an argument and he defeats it quite well.
is it even possible for hitchens to come off as a more misogynistic tool in that video? i've never really like the guy, but that was objectively horrible. he actually said something to the effect of "all funny women are dykes, jews, or butch." what an asshole. women don't need to be funny but neither do men. there are plenty of self-serious, generally unfunny guys out there who still manage to get women. i know funny women in day to day life, and 30 rock (created, written, and starred in by tina fey) is quite possibly my favorite comedy on television today. so i disagree with this completely.
My woman is quite funny. :3

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by RadioMuse
I think his underlying argument is sound. That is: socially speaking women don't need to be funny because they are (on the average) more attractive. I think this is largely true. I seen guys put up with stupid, self-absorbed, bitches who are incapable of simple everyday tasks just because they're beautiful and will occasionally take their clothes off...I've NEVER seen a girl put up with a stupid, self-absorbed asshat, even when they're ripped, sports stars who can manage day-to-day tasks with some ability.

I agree with everything but that. What planet are you from? As long as those kind of guys have game they'll do very fine. A lot of girls are attracted to those kind of guys even if they'd never admit it to men.
Last edited by Toniofalcon at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by metal4eva_22
Maybe I was dating myself a little... It's Dick Materson. The guy who went on Dr. Phil with his philosophy of men > women. Funny as Hell.

What in the shit? There's no way that guy's legit.
Balls.
Women don't need to be funny because they have vaginas.

Edit: That guy's accent combined with his vocabulary and diction make him sound too intelligent to not believe.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Aug 20, 2010,
Female comedians with stand up specials or talk shows on tv are not funny. They can be in sitcoms though
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by fuzzymonkey
The more attractive they are the funnier and more interesting we find them. 8-)
Scientific fact: Men have larger brains (100gm heavier on average)

I didn't know egos had mass.

Quote by NGD1313
is it even possible for hitchens to come off as a more misogynistic tool in that video? i've never really like the guy, but that was objectively horrible. he actually said something to the effect of "all funny women are dykes, jews, or butch." what an asshole. women don't need to be funny but neither do men. there are plenty of self-serious, generally unfunny guys out there who still manage to get women. i know funny women in day to day life, and 30 rock (created, written, and starred in by tina fey) is quite possibly my favorite comedy on television today. so i disagree with this completely.

One funny woman does not a witty gender make.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Aug 20, 2010,