in a HSH 5 ways system? do i simply cut off all wires to go to the tobe pot? and what would be the effect of doing so?
tired of finger speed exercise and turned into slow blues improvisation lately
there is one wire that goes to it, just take it off and tada! it would be as iff your tone knob was on max all the time.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Guise I'm not sure if he can handle maximum tone...
Agile 725 7 string w/Blackouts (new paint too)
Jackson Soloist Professional Standard
Jackson SLSMG With Livewire Metals
Fernandes Tremor 4 string
Peavey 5150 2x12 (new tolex and re-biased)
Peavey TNT 100 1x15
Line 6 Pod XT w/FBV
Misc Junk
yeah if you have to ask you obviously cant handle all that tone at once .. that would be like my first fist fight being against Lyoto Machida
There should be a wire running from the volume pot to the tone pot: desolder it.
Be aware that your guitar will have a little more treble than before.
Quote by cedricsmods
There should be a wire running from the volume pot to the tone pot: desolder it.
Be aware that your guitar will have a little more treble than before.

Yeah. Think of it as having the tone on 11 instead of 10.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
You kill it with fire.

Real Response:

The tone knob should have two lugs on it, one with a wire going to the switch or volume knob one with a capacitor that has the other leg attached to the pot, and one empty lug. Cut the wire coming from the switch/volume.

And I think what some people were hinting at were that with no tone knob, it will seem like the tone is on 11, being brighter than normal, although it can be fixed by putting a cap and resistor in series to ground.

EDIT:

Wow, Double Ninja'd

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA