any mac users here?
i really need some help..

okay. i think my battery is pooched.. but i wanna make sure.

im trying to charge the battery on my macbook and its staying at 0%, then when i looked in power in system preferences, it says to check my battery.. THEN! i went into system profiler and this is my battery info:

Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: DP-bq20z951-3a64-d65
Manufacturer: DP
Device name: bq20z951
Pack Lot Code: 0000
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 002a
Hardware Revision: 0005
Cell Revision: 0100
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 0
Fully charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh): 896
Health Information:
Cycle count: 293
Condition: Check Battery
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 766
Voltage (mV): 12284

can anyone tell me if my battery is pooched? i know people can tell if it is or not by that info, i just dont know how to myself. any help would be appreciated..

thanks guys

inb4 mac sucks, searchbar, any other annoying memes/sayings, im trying to be serious here
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Take it to the Apple Store.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by sporkman7
and inb4 delete system32. that doesnt work on macs

and i would just take it to the apple store and see if one of the geniuses can figure it out. they can usually at least tell you whats wrong.

yeah, i plan to.. i have an authorized apple dealer closeby, the nearest apple store is 3 hours away :S

but the dealer fixes them, and also honours the applecare warranty, which i purchased.. haha.. so im going in to fix it, i needed a new charger anyways, which is also covered under warranty even if you like, rip it in half, they'll cover it

i just wanted to know for sure.. haha
Quote by Smokey Amp

this is fairly common on Macbooks, mine ran out a good while ago as well.

if you do get a new one, you can ensure its life lasts longer by:

- if you're just using your laptop as a desk computer around the house or whatever, plug it in WITHOUT the battery in it whenever possible.
- when you leave the battery outside your laptop, make sure it is at 40% charge (not full, not empty). this has been known to retain lithium battery life.
- if you do take it places make sure you empty the entire battery before recharging it. apparently lithium batteries have no "memory", but i'm not entirely convinced.
- above all, KEEP IT COOLED properly.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RPExecutor

- if you're just using your laptop as a desk computer around the house or whatever, plug it in WITHOUT the battery in it whenever possible.
- when you leave the battery outside your laptop, make sure it is at 40% charge (not full, not empty). this has been known to retain lithium battery life.
- if you do take it places make sure you empty the entire battery before recharging it. apparently lithium batteries have no "memory", but i'm not entirely convinced.

That's a bitchload of work man. I'd rather just pay 80 bucks every 2 years for a new one.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's a bitchload of work man. I'd rather just pay 80 bucks every 2 years for a new one.

its gonna cost me 180$ for a new one
Quote by Smokey Amp

Quote by Dumebuggy
its gonna cost me 180$ for a new one

Really?

I haven't needed to replace mine yet, but when I do I see there are Unibody batteries on Ebay for about 80 bucks. Yea yea, I know you're supposed to take it to Apple to replace, but how hard can it be? My warranty will have expired by then anyway.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

it's really not... it's also worth keeping the 4+ hour charge times instead of having the thing sink to 2 hours or so after a couple years of heavy use.

your battery is just like the rest of your computer... needs to be dealt with properly.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RPExecutor

smc fan control works wonders