After an accumilative year of playing and hardly progressing I am in want of a £250-£400 guitar, preferrably 24 frets as i don't plan on buying another for a good few years.

I am currently playing stuff like metallica and trivium on an acoustic with the strings hovering half an inch from the fretboard

Although metal is my main priority here i would like some versatility but by all means i would not like versatility to hinder it's ability to handle metal riffs.

I also do not mind buying second hand

Lastly, would i be better off not opting for a trem in this price bracket? From reading the forums there seems to be a unity in the hatred for cheaper trems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
A prs se I would say for a 24 fretter...is this your first electric?
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Unfortunately no, i bought an Ltd Ec1000 (drool) about a year and a half ago for only 400 pounds only to sell it for 450 to buy a bloody ps3

It was a good guitar but i'm not fussed about the shape to be fair, im not going to be gigging with it for the forseeable future.
Well the Epiphone Futura Custom fits your descriptions very well, you wouldn't believe the feel and sound of this guitar on a nice amp, and its the easiest playing guitar I've ever played too
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Thank you for your recommendations guys

Anyone else feel like airing their views?
Quote by Vllad
After an accumilative year of playing and hardly progressing I am in want of a £250-£400 guitar, preferrably 24 frets as i don't plan on buying another for a good few years.

I am currently playing stuff like metallica and trivium on an acoustic with the strings hovering half an inch from the fretboard

Although metal is my main priority here i would like some versatility but by all means i would not like versatility to hinder it's ability to handle metal riffs.

I also do not mind buying second hand

Lastly, would i be better off not opting for a trem in this price bracket? From reading the forums there seems to be a unity in the hatred for cheaper trems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ibanez RGA42 for a superstrat.

Epiphone Prophecy EX for a LP.

Rest can comply with the can opener models..
Last edited by Rautio at Aug 20, 2010,