I never thought this would happen. I come back from a 4 month hiatus to Bass Forum, request a UROTM, post it. Great. 4 weeks later, I get new gear...

The reason for my post is not to rant about it...but to see if I am not alone in this never ending search for bass tone. Do you ever think you could never upgrade or change your rig, but only to go get something else? I didn't trade anything away, just imagine my UROTM postings with a large Mesa 2x15 EV Diesel cab.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Gas hits us all hard. I mean, I got a great big active 6 string bass and now I want a jazz. they're will always be a tone you don't have, and you will NEED IT with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

but you know what really sucks, being a bassist AND a guitar player. The wanting comes from all sides.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
Gas hits us all hard. I mean, I got a great big active 6 string bass and now I want a jazz. they're will always be a tone you don't have, and you will NEED IT with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

but you know what really sucks, being a bassist AND a guitar player. The wanting comes from all sides.

The worst part... My guitarist is rejoicing in his new tone and volume because he finally got his amp re-tubed...Now, I have a new cab and new tubes in my rig. He'll kill me.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
GAS is an almost never-ending curse. Although I suppose I could be happy amp-wise with a nice Genz Benz or Markbass. I'll probably end up collecting basses though, I could easily see myself owning 20+ basses someday and still be on the lookout for something else.

It's too bad that there are more other things in this world that require money
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Perfection is contempt. I you can always search because you can always change your mind.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I haven't had a problem with GAS for my 6 years of playing. But thats because I realize I don't have the cash to get 95% of the things I say I want.

Once I have an income and room to spend money I'll be GASing over everything methinks =/

Good thing I have the next 4 years as a college student, so 4 more guaranteed years of no fun money XD
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I usually don't really have a problem with GAS, I mean there is stuff I hope to get someday but I'm not exactly saving up for these things. I guess I'm just happy with my set up and I don't really need anything else. The only way I'll get anything new is if I join a band that starts to really get going.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6