Not sure if my amp is broken just got it back from repairer and i plugged it in playin away and it was fine. THen it started humming so i switched it off. Told dad it was broken..cause he drives it everywhere i still pay for everything. He wanted to see i said it was not a good idea turned it on the amp lit up like fireworks for a second. Switched her off dad said he didnt see i warned him tunred it back on and it starting squealing with all eq and volume on 0. I then realized that i had a bigger power supply in my amp then required amp needs 240v i had 250v plug in..... am i ****ed or can i go buy a new 240v plug and it will work?

yes yes i do know that after anything like hum i shoudnt of touched it let alone turned it on. im a fool

thanks
The fact that you used 250V on the 240V amp shouldn't be the problem, the voltage in the outlet is never perfect and it has a swing of something like 10 volts anyways. Your problem is definitely elsewhere.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Zeletros
Maybe it's your guitar.

is that srsly possible cause if it is. i have 2 guitars one i just got 3 days ago Schecter blackjack atx and an epi lp zakwylde which is old.

so the amp is a marshall jcm900 dual reverb 4100 this is how i have the amp connected to my cab 4x12 jcm900 1960b.

amp impedence set at 16 next to the 16 it has (4)

speaker setting is on mono and the lead plugs into the 16 input.
this is correct?

thanks for the speedy replies.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
The fact that you used 250V on the 240V amp shouldn't be the problem, the voltage in the outlet is never perfect and it has a swing of something like 10 volts anyways. Your problem is definitely elsewhere.

And more. Stuff made for UK's 220V works perfectly well on our 240V. They don't make special ones for our market, they just chuck on a different plug.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't know much about gear. But if your amp sounds horrible with BOTH of those guitars, then it means that most probably your amp is the problem, in rare cases it's the guitars.
no no no sorry the amp arced on the inside when i switched it on without a lead in it so i switched her off.. and switched her back on and it was squealin like a banshee with no lead. So i shld take it back to the repair guy then.
make sure you get a either a refund for the previous repair or your next repair for free.
The amp ARCED? Wow, many things could have gone wrong in that case. I wouldn't be surprised if you blew your power transformer and if it also took out a bunch of other components in your power supply. Take it to a tech because it sounds like you have a big problem if something actually arced in the amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Cathbard
And more. Stuff made for UK's 220V works perfectly well on our 240V. They don't make special ones for our market, they just chuck on a different plug.

Sorry to semi-derail, but are you saying that I could buy a 220V amp from the UK with a UK plug, and use a simple $10 plug converter to power it and it will work fine?
Appologies for the ignorance but what do you mean by the amp 'arced'?
Quote by Razer86
Appologies for the ignorance but what do you mean by the amp 'arced'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

k sorry i didnt see an arc but i saw blue lightnings. i was like holy c u next tuesday i switched her off right away. then she started squealing when i tried turn on again...brand new tubes i picked up from store literly today. This is the exact repair quote from the tech today. On the reciept "4x new output valves installed, repairs to bias circuit and rebiasing
Last edited by shaenb243 at Aug 20, 2010,
UK is supposed to be 240V, i live near a substation and we get 255-257V and im yet to have anything blow up in the 10 years iv been here.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by shaenb243
no no no sorry the amp arced on the inside when i switched it on without a lead in it so i switched her off.. and switched her back on and it was squealin like a banshee with no lead. So i shld take it back to the repair guy then.

This should be a No Brainer.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Bring it to a tech NAO. IT sounds like your PT kicked the bucket in a rather...violent fashion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Here's a quick tip, if your amp lights up like it's putting on a showcase of fireworks it's time to bring it to a tech.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Here's a quick tip, if your amp lights up like it's putting on a showcase of fireworks it's time to bring it to a tech.

Or turn the volume to 11, retreat to a safe distance and go crazy!!!

If you just got your amp back from the repair shop, you should really always make them turn it on and play it in front of you before you give them your money.
I have a huge fear if rays.